What corps are signed up to do the round robin of parades in Maryland

John you refer to Dundalk as the Death March not knowning anything about the area ,is it because the parades to long ,or that it moves very slow .If i read these parades right its the second one in a string of 5 in one day ,l sure hope there all short parades you have kids quitting on you after putting them throught this .

When I marched in it (with the Army Band and then with Reading) the Dundalk parade was the first of the day, and by far the longest...and slowest. It was a several-mile long start and stop event. Sucked doesn't even begin to describe it.

White Sabers are making the trip!

• Like 2

Dundalk is the longest and slowest with the 2 stops at review booths. Then you have Towson which sucks because you go Up a hill and then DOWN a hill (after making sharp right turn which puts the buses 1/2 of the Parade distance away give or take), never did Arbutus or Bel Air and then Catonsville is in full open straight out pitch blacktop with the sun at your 5 o'clock high that can sap everything you have left. Of course, then you get to Havre De Grace a day later (or whenever) which is a hurry up and wait fest on flat ground (once you get on the parade route as the one staging area is a hill) The only redeeming quality of that parade and Dundalk somewhat is 85% of the route is in shade of some sort.

• Like 2

I always liked our little mini tour for 4th of July weekend. We would have to do a parade in uniform and the next without jackets so the sweat could evaporate a little though. The only bad memory I have from the Maryland tour is trying (unsuccessfully) to convince the bus driver that the bay door wasn't latched on the trip home one year. (2004 I think.) He figured it out when the door flew open on the highway and 2 snares met their maker in front of a truck...Twisted Metal

I did the MD tour once. That was enough

• Like 2

2 year vet here. I love a parade!

Edited by camel lips

The Kilts do two parades on the 4th, used to do three. Could do up to six on that day, but whittled it down to only two.

Wauwatosa, WI, approximately 2 miles long and the Racine parade (largest attended in the US) approx, 3 miles. Both morning parades, both start a 9am.

The corps is placed near the front of the Wauwatosa parade, we jump on our buses after the first parade and beat arse down the interstate 30 miles to catch the Racine parade, of which the corps is placed last in the line-up. All wrapped up by noon.........

Dundalk is the longest and slowest with the 2 stops at review booths. Then you have Towson which sucks because you go Up a hill and then DOWN a hill (after making sharp right turn which puts the buses 1/2 of the Parade distance away give or take), never did Arbutus or Bel Air and then Catonsville is in full open straight out pitch blacktop with the sun at your 5 o'clock high that can sap everything you have left. Of course, then you get to Havre De Grace a day later (or whenever) which is a hurry up and wait fest on flat ground (once you get on the parade route as the one staging area is a hill) The only redeeming quality of that parade and Dundalk somewhat is 85% of the route is in shade of some sort.

Hanover is done after Towson so we hit the Legion downhill from the start of the parade for some hot dogs and drinks. Bad part we park there (bus and cars) so have to walk up those freaking steps to form for the parade. Dundalk is always at its worse election year as you wait for the flippin' "America is great, vote for me speeches at the reviewing stands".

When we did Havre de Grace it was on Sunday closest to the 4th. You have to get there way too early before the streets (street?) into town is closed. And if you are near the end of the parade you coul dwait 4 hours before you move out. Thank goodness for the food vendors a few blocks away.

• Like 1

I always enjoyed doing parades ,crowds 6 deep most of the parade route .but my limited was 3 in one day .Even in my younger years i don't think i would enjoy being pushed to do 5 parades in one day ,Its a 3 day week-week you would think they would spread them out a little more .

Stop it guys. The anticipation for Friday is killing me. :lle: