Oregon Crusaders 2014 - Better late than never

At the beginning of the season I liked the caplet but now I'm have some second thoughts. It might be adding to visual issues as it flares out and reduces spacing between members.

Hmm. Interesting point.

I love the look of them though, regardless if they are messing with spacing.

Edited by luv4corps

FINALLY saw the OC show from San Antonio. HOLY CARP!

Wow, do I love this show! Great job OC. Will be looking for you at Finals very soon!

• Like 3

I like to remind people that in 2009, OC had about 64 members. 5 years later, they are marching a full 150. This is happening in Oregon. Keep in mind this is not Texas or California. It is Oregon. I do not know the percentages, but more and more members are coming from outside of OR. That means OC is making an impact on drum corps not only in the Northwest, but the rest of the country. There is a good group of TX kids this year and I expect, this trend will only increase. Especially after this strong year. As long as the management of the corps keeps the finances under control, this corps will only get better in the coming years.

I do not expect them to make up the 5 points to Crossmen, but I do expect them to catch the 1 or 2 corps above them. OC is a second half team. Now is the second half. Of course, this is all up to the members, but I think they are hungry for the challenge. I know one of the parents and he said his daughter is having a great time. Thats all I really needed to know. Afterall, drum corps is supposed to be fun too. LOL

• Like 1

I like to remind people that in 2009, OC had about 64 members. 5 years later, they are marching a full 150. This is happening in Oregon. Keep in mind this is not Texas or California. It is Oregon. I do not know the percentages, but more and more members are coming from outside of OR. That means OC is making an impact on drum corps not only in the Northwest, but the rest of the country. There is a good group of TX kids this year and I expect, this trend will only increase. Especially after this strong year. As long as the management of the corps keeps the finances under control, this corps will only get better in the coming years.

I do not expect them to make up the 5 points to Crossmen, but I do expect them to catch the 1 or 2 corps above them. OC is a second half team. Now is the second half. Of course, this is all up to the members, but I think they are hungry for the challenge. I know one of the parents and he said his daughter is having a great time. Thats all I really needed to know. Afterall, drum corps is supposed to be fun too. LOL

OC had 61 members in 2008, 72 in 2009, 79 in 2010, 114 in 2011, 134 in 2012, and 140 in 2013.

OC had 61 members in 2008, 72 in 2009, 79 in 2010, 114 in 2011, 134 in 2012, and 140 in 2013.

No other corps has been on a growth trajectory quite like this. It is amazing. Keep digging OC!

And keep bringing those Texas kids! They can PLAY! And it's nice to have stadium representation in those big shows down south. I loved hearing the shout outs at the San Antonio show.

Edited by luv4corps

And keep bringing those Texas kids! They can PLAY! And it's nice to have stadium representation in those big shows down south. I loved hearing the shout outs at the San Antonio show.

Any idea how many kids from Texas are in there? I'd kill to rookie out with someone like OC next year.

Any idea how many kids from Texas are in there? I'd kill to rookie out with someone like OC next year.

I think it's about ten... someone else may be able to verify.

There are 8 from Centennial High School in Burleson, Tx (my son among them), and 1 or 2 more from the Houston area, I believe.

Now that I think about it, I'm certain there are at least 2 from Houston. 10 seems like a pretty solid number.