What if someone...

A few hundred million...well, I'd hire a marketing/PR firm to really start pushing this out into the mainstream, and I'd pay to have Big Regionals and Finals broadcast nationally on Live TV...I'd hire someone people know to put out information on the activity (some TV personality with credentials, not Jerry Springer).

Since SoA is my corps, I'd buy new custom built buses, a tour bus for the staff, new food truck, a nutritionalist/chef, set them up so they have a stable source of income...what that would be I don't know, and market them for recruiting purposes. Don't know what else I'd do...perhaps host all the DCI judges at a nice banquet to tell them know just how much they are appreciated and hype up the corps :)

Edited by JKT90
  • Like 1

Would love to use the money to set up a scholarship fund for kids who otherwise could never afford to participate.

• Like 2

After taking care of my own personal business and needs, I would:

* Donate to local school districts, with the money to be used strictly for enhancement and promotion of the music education program. Instruments, better practice and performance facilities, etc.

* Set up a multi-year deal to host a DCI show in my local area. Promote, promote, promote.

* Set up some sort of sponsorship or scholarship program for local marchers that would like to participate in a DCI corps. Not sure how exactly this would be implemented -- perhaps strictly on need, perhaps based on ability AND need, perhaps only for a certain age or DCI rookies only. Ideally though, I would attempt to sponsor one kid in each DCI corps, including open class (don't want to play favorites, you know).

• Like 1

A few hundred million...well, I'd hire a marketing/PR firm to really start pushing this out into the mainstream, and I'd pay to have Big Regionals and Finals broadcast nationally on Live TV...I'd hire someone people know to put out information on the activity (some TV personality with credentials, not Jerry Springer).

Since SoA is my corps, I'd buy new custom built buses, a tour bus for the staff, new food truck, a nutritionalist/chef, set them up so they have a stable source of income...what that would be I don't know, and market them for recruiting purposes. Don't know what else I'd do...perhaps host all the DCI judges at a nice banquet to tell them know just how much they are appreciated and hype up the corps :)

ANOTHER new food truck? We got a new one for this season.

• Like 1

' Not a nickel of it to the G7 Corps cabal, but 150 mill possibly available for distribution to the other non G7 Corps Show Designers after auditioning with me as to their 2015 Show Design and Music to be played plans. I'd like being a billionaire and having influence over Show Design and Music I'd personally get to hear with more than 3/4ths of the DCI Corps ( including the Open Class )..

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Would love to use the money to set up a scholarship fund for kids who otherwise could never afford to participate.

You hit it out of the park my friend, with this suggestion.

• Like 1

Another possibility.. if you march more than 2 years with a non G7 Corps, the 3rd year we pay your current Corps fee AND give you a check for $4,000 at the end of the summer for each season you march with your current non G7 Corps...... then we offer each of the G7 Show Designers 2 million dollars each to leave their current G7 Corps and go write for a non G7 Corps..

Oh man, if you want to see how" hard and smart" the G7 Corps would have to continue to work THEN to retain their placement positions, that would be something to see, imo..

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Given that I was never able to march because of finances, I would start a huge scholarship fund for kids in similar situations.

100% to reinstating instrumental music in schools where it has been cut from the budget.

• Like 1