Summer Music Preview - Bristol RI

Weather for today's show is again in question, not sure yet it'll have the impact of the New Haven show last night, but pretty much after 10am there is a chance of rain all day, increasing into the evening, 30% and 40% tonight. To put that in perspective, there was only a 30% chance of rain in New Haven at this time yesterday too. SPC has the slight risk area (severe weather chances) well west of the stadium, but still strong thunderstorms could affect the area by this afternoon. NWS Boston the majority of the heavy rain stays North and West of Bristol as Flash Flood Watches have been hoisted there. Precipitable water values are alreay at nearly 2 inches over Bristol, this makes any rain that falls have significance as copious amounts of mositure is available in the air. Could be one of those quick downpour days...once that last a few minutes but dump rain.

It will be warm and muggy today with highs in the low 80s and dewpoints in the low 70's, very tropical feeling. Outside of thunderstorms, winds should be faily light to 10 mph

What do I think? Again, hard to tell for sure because its too early in the morning and nothing is setup yet. Once the radar starts lighting up later today I'll have a better idea. I think it'll rain, but I'm not sure there will be enough to cancel the show...that's my best guess this morning. (tomorrow, its gonna pour!)

Again, for the record...I don't want to see ANY show cancelled. The fans love it, the performers love it...I love it too!!

Thanks, rainshdw08. Headed to the show tonight. This is very helpful.

• Like 1

Thanks, rainshdw08. Headed to the show tonight. This is very helpful.

Ur welcome, I'll try and keep this updated to what I am seeing. Real time updates from the area would help greatly...helps to know if what I am seeing on radar is happening on the ground, as is not always the case.

• Like 1

since the thread kicked off with the weather....

Summer Music Preview

Bristol, RI

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Venue

199 Chestnut St.

Bristol, RI 02809

Performance schedule

605p Spartans

622p 7th Regiment

639p Spirit

656p Boston

713p *break*

737p Bluecoats

755p Crown

812p Cadets

(Crown Encore)

Edited by corpsband

Radar sweep on the Wethwef Channel website has all clear through 9:00PM.

Weather Channel.

Thank god!

Crazy weather generally, though: as I type, there are tornado warnings issued for North Carolina, New York, and New Hampshire/Maine.

I wouldn't completely trust anyone's future radar...that's just a generality with the current conditions.

I will say its looking good right now, the main show is well off to the west and probably won't get there until well after midnight. That doesn't account for a pop up thunderstorm to occur and mess everything up, but that's looking less likely at this time. Sat and Radar trends looking good for show time.

This show is so early! I wonder how folks with jobs even get there in time considering traffic etc.. I guess if the weather is ok right now and predicted to go down hill, early is a good thing in this case!

Hope all the corps have a great run and we get the show in without a hitch!

G.