Summer Music Preview - Bristol RI

aplenty summer...?

Agreed. So few shows anymore as it is...

I'd say BD will be in first and Vanguard in fifth when they all meet up head to head - the gaps BD is throwing down are impressive

Coats have a real shot at a medal and certainly a real shot at the win come Indy... very cool season so far

I think BD will actually be right with the other 3 if not behind some of them. Last time Cavies saw any of the top corps, Crown beat them by 4 pts. BD just beat Cavaliers by 3.9 sooooo that #1 spot is up in the air right now.

• Like 1

These small panels ARE useful. They aren't a waste... and they do indicate some things.

At this point in the season... it is all about GE and visual/music rep/comp scores. The corps need to know that their design is competitive.

I am now a believer in this Bluecoats design. I just needed to see a few judges demonstrate that they see that it is competitive with respect to the program concept.

As for the guard score, this is VERY good for the Bluecoats. Even if it is a "one off" kind of score, it shows that an area that they are not typically the strongest is one that they are indeed strong enough in.

All three of these corps are going to be trading around captions... I think... from here on out. This could be another tightly scored season, and I think that is a good thing. I am waiting for that one year where a corps wins the championship without having won any captions. It is very possible, when you have 4 or 5 groups tightly scored at the top. It pays to be well-rounded these days.

I think BD will actually be right with the other 3 if not behind some of them. Last time Cavies saw any of the top corps, Crown beat them by 4 pts. BD just beat Cavaliers by 3.9 sooooo that #1 spot is up in the air right now.

Crown only beat PR by a little over 2 points a few days ago... and BD just beat them by 5 last night... ?? It's all a little confusing lol

Edited by George Dixon

Crown only beat PR by a little over 2 points a few days ago... and BD just beat them by 5 last night... ?? It's all a little confusing lol

I think BD will be the leader to catch. They have been isolated from any action with their closest competitors... and I think these 3 east coast leaders may be in for a rude awakening.