Summer Music Preview - Bristol RI

Not really. Two different panels, two different shows. The real spread is probably closer to 2 to 2.5 points between BD and the Bloo/Cadets/Crown pack, with SCV and Cavaliers hanging in a 3 to 4 points off BD.

We'll see how this weekend goes for them, but I have a feeling Regiment is going to be hanging in the 7 spot on their own for awhile.

Uh . . . not quite sure where you get yur 'rithmetic, but Cavies have been hanging in the #4 spot over SCV (#5) and Crown (#6) for several shows now - and that includes the weighted rankings, not just the most recent shows, with Bloo ahead of them by barely two tenths of a point. I suspect you are just making these ranking numbers up by ESP because they have no connection with any real-world statistics. This is why I really appreciate Hostrauser's DCI Rankings. When is his Week 2 due out?

• Like 1

No music analysis or brass performance judging is really weird but I guess as ling as the staffs are getting a mix of feedback from show to show that is what matters at this point. Put those two captions back in and I bet you the spread between the top three tonight would have been even closer.

It really bothers me that there was no Brass or Music Analysis judge, making the only music caption Percussion. If you're only going to have one music caption, it should be Analysis.

• Like 1

I've always wondered, why do the early California shows always get full panels:

California:

Clovis - June 20th

Stanford - June 21st

Sacramento - June 22nd

Oceanside - June 27th

Glendora - June 28th

Riverside - June 29th

Everywhere else:

Akron Ohio - June 21st

Madison Wisconsin - June 28th

So the California corps are getting consistent feedback in every caption on a pretty regular basis, yet everyone else is lucky to get some captions judged a couple times by July 5th? Hmm. I don't like that.

• Like 5

Uh . . . not quite sure where you get yur 'rithmetic, but Cavies have been hanging in the #4 spot over SCV (#5) and Crown (#6) for several shows now - and that includes the weighted rankings, not just the most recent shows, with Bloo ahead of them by barely two tenths of a point. I suspect you are just making these ranking numbers up by ESP because they have no connection with any real-world statistics. This is why I really appreciate Hostrauser's DCI Rankings. When is his Week 2 due out?

No one can really make *any* call about what the head-to-heads will be until they happen. Ballpark, maybe, but pretty broad.

I guess none of us should read too much into these until we get to the full panels and more experienced rosters of judges... a few odd ones each night it seems...

It's July. Full panels should be out now

Did the Cadets guard have an off night? I know we shouldn't compare scores to other shows, but BD had an 84 at their last show.

And BD has no one at their shows within 5 points.

Get everyone together, full panel, you'll see who is where

Uh . . . not quite sure where you get yur 'rithmetic, bu

It's all about the spreads, Kemosabe. BD was 2.7 up over Vanguard on Sunday, and then 3.9 over Cavaliers last night in Iowa. When you don't have head to heads, relative spreads are the next best thing. Is it possible that Cavaliers would be outscoring Vanguard right now? Sure, but if you look at the spreads between corps A and B, and A and C, and see that C is spread out further than B, it's a safe assumption that were all three to be together, that they'd be ranked A, B, C.

When everyone meets up that will surely go down. Kinda ridiculous if you ask me, went back every year since 2000 and the earliest someone matched that or scored higher was July 7th, way back in the early 2000s, in recent years that kinda score isn't reached until around Minneapolis or so.

While it does seem a little high, if every single year the top corps scored exactly 85.5 on July 6th, someone would point out the fact that the same score was reached on exactly the same day every year. Obviously the top score in August could only be 100, regardless of rate of improvement, and more than likely the winning score will be between 97.4 and 99. This year the champion could even have a little lower score than other years, simply because the captions could go to 5 different corps. All of the top corps are really great this year, and caption titles don't seem to be a given for any of the corps. A different corps could win guard, another could win brass, another percussion, and music and visual GE could also go to 2 different other corps. You almost have to win every single caption to score a 99, which has only been done twice. Blue Devils are solid this year, but again a score of 86 right now doesn't mean much without a full panel, and it doesn't mean much if their captions aren't being scored against the other top corps. I really think there are still 4 corps that would have a chance at winning this year, and probably 6 corps who have a legitimate shot a medalling.

I think BD will actually be right with the other 3 if not behind some of them. Last time Cavies saw any of the top corps, Crown beat them by 4 pts. BD just beat Cavaliers by 3.9 sooooo that #1 spot is up in the air right now.

Well, this may be, but Cavies have passed Phantom the last few shows and are getting better, just like how Bluecoats were below Crown and are now ahead of them.

Maybe there is some movement?