Summer Music Preview - Bristol RI

I think BD will be the leader to catch. They have been isolated from any action with their closest competitors... and I think these 3 east coast leaders may be in for a rude awakening.

well - there's only 1 east coast leader if you want to get technical hahahahaha (joking!)

I agree. BD will be in front by 1.5 points. Once we go head to head with full panels...

• Like 1

I think BD will be the leader to catch. They have been isolated from any action with their closest competitors... and I think these 3 east coast leaders may be in for a rude awakening.

Even if BD is the leader to catch, I'm absolutely sure these three "east coast" corps wouldn't be surprised.

• Like 2

well - there's only 1 east coast leader if you want to get technical hahahahaha (joking!)

I agree. BD will be in front by 1.5 points. Once we go head to head with full panels...

not after tonight. once they get inside 2 points (now less than that), it becomes a horse race.

or are you referring to my fuzzy geography? :-)

Edited by cfirwin3

Disclaimer first - I have kids in Vanguard and the Cavaliers. Before people start discounting Vanguard, remember that they have gone head to head with BD twice last week and closed the gap to 2.9 points from something approaching 4 points at the beginning of the season. I think the top 6 - BD, Cadets, Bloo, Crown, SCV, and Cavies are in for an amazing contest through the season, and we get to enjoy it!

• Like 1

I'm not so sure BD will be that far ahead. I can see one of these 3 topping BD by a slim margin at the first meeting. There's going to be a lot caption swapping. Unless BD can take 2nd in every caption, they won't have much separation.

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 2

Disclaimer first - I have kids in Vanguard and the Cavaliers. Before people start discounting Vanguard, remember that they have gone head to head with BD twice last week and closed the gap to 2.9 points from something approaching 4 points at the beginning of the season. I think the top 6 - BD, Cadets, Bloo, Crown, SCV, and Cavies are in for an amazing contest through the season, and we get to enjoy it!

Yes, SCV might be right there too... and I think you may be right to suggest that the Cavies may have something to say as well (however they don't appear to be as threatening).

I just want to see the judges keeping the scores tight and keeping their decisions unclear so long as tight scores are warranted.

• Like 1

Cadets, Crown and Coats are very strong corps this year. I would be shocked if there wasn't some trading of wins. As far as BD, I font compare scores from other contests. This particular show, the judges kept the numbers low.

In other news, what the heck BAC? Lowest score in 6 shows???

Are they really less than a point ahead of Spirit now? Granted, I know Spirit magically jumped 10 points in a week to 70. But come on. The two programs should be stratospheres apart right now IMO. Regardless of any cleanliness issues, I fully believe BAC is getting the short stick right now. I get that comprehension of their show might be difficult for some at the current time, but if we're scoring BD at #### near 85 already... well..................

Edited by IMcomguy

In other news, what the heck BAC? Lowest score in 6 shows???

Are they really less than a point ahead of Spirit now? Granted, I know Spirit magically jumped 10 points in a week to 70. But come on. The two programs should be stratospheres apart right now. Regardless of any cleanliness issues, because both corps have immense issues in multiple places.

Maybe they had a bad show..? Anybody there with commentary?