Corps Travel and Expansion

Since this discussion thread is on the topic of corps travel, I just recently found this cool feature on DCP. If the rest of you already know about this, great. But, I for one, wasn't aware. Pretty cool to see the destinations on the map.

Just in case there's others on this site unaware as I was, here's the link:

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/stats-tour-map/

Since this discussion thread is on the topic of corps travel, I just recently found this cool feature on DCP. If the rest of you already know about this, great. But, I for one, wasn't aware. Pretty cool to see the destinations on the map.

Just in case there's others on this site unaware as I was, here's the link:

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/stats-tour-map/

It'd be even cooler if DCA shows were also incorporated, instead of just the DCI schedule

I give those that are actually doing the work to make Championships happen the benefit of the doubt. It's easy to say one place or another would be better for any number of reasons, but until a viable committee steps up and puts together a better option and bids on Championship weekend ($1 to Jeff Ream), I think Rochester is the best option.

From what I have heard, the facility expenses fro Rochester are WAY, WAY, WAY lower than Annapolis , and the level of cooperation is far higher. Are there better choices that are more centrally-located on a map to all of the DCA Member Corps? Sure, but it's just not that simple, and let's be honest, that can't be the first priority.

From what I have heard, the facility expenses fro Rochester are WAY, WAY, WAY lower than Annapolis ,

Maybe, but everything about Annapolis was WAY, WAY, WAY nicer. Maybe it's a classic case of "you get what you pay for". I'd go every year if the show was at Annapolis, even if I didn't live close. Amazing facility, hotels, and community. Rochester...not so much.

• Like 2

Maybe, but everything about Annapolis was WAY, WAY, WAY nicer. Maybe it's a classic case of "you get what you pay for". I'd go every year if the show was at Annapolis, even if I didn't live close. Amazing facility, hotels, and community. Rochester...not so much.

let's be honest here:

Annapolis can get other gigs that weekend that will bring in FAR more money than DCA. Look at our crowd. Now look at that stadium full for a football game.

Rochester isn't getting those events, so they're going to roll out the carpet far more.Rochester needs things like DCA just as much as DCA needs places like Rochester.

I'm just not dragging a toddler up there for the weekend

let's be honest here:

Annapolis can get other gigs that weekend that will bring in FAR more money than DCA. Look at our crowd. Now look at that stadium full for a football game.

Rochester isn't getting those events, so they're going to roll out the carpet far more.Rochester needs things like DCA just as much as DCA needs places like Rochester.

I'm just not dragging a toddler up there for the weekend

annapolis does indeed have a football game that week end. one reason for the move to rochester.

annapolis does indeed have a football game that week end. one reason for the move to rochester.

Don, the Navy game this year on Labor Day weekend is in Baltimore, not Annapolis.

But I don't think the Annapolis stadium was available for the second year (2016) of another two-year deal.

Don, the Navy game this year on Labor Day weekend is in Baltimore, not Annapolis.

But I don't think the Annapolis stadium was available for the second year (2016) of another two-year deal.

okay. i got my years mixed up.