Strongest design for sure, not Houdini, but miles better than the last few shows, they're sure as hell not dropping out of finals.

Yeah, Houdini is still one of my favorite shows ever. Gonna be hard to top that one, but I really dig this show design.

• Like 1

It would be incredibly difficult to top Houdini....that show was just smokin'. It deserved better than 8th.

But this show, once they get it the way it's supposed to be, I think can score 91 points. That's probably its ceiling. They're probably looking at a Finals score of 89.2 or so. Solidly in Finals again.

1 Blue Devils 85.35

2 The Cavaliers 81.80

3 Phantom Regiment 79.95

4 Madison Scouts 75.30

5 Blue Stars 75.15

6 Troopers 71.75

And Racine Scouts at 45.10, which is almost exactly what they scored yesterday.

Cavaliers percussion content score is nice!

Not so nice: more AWFUL numbers management by Mr. J. Ausdemore. With only six WC corps he tied BD & Cavaliers in content + Cavaliers and Phantom in achievement.

SIX. FREAKING.CORPS!!!

Also not so nice: at the Akron show Mr. Ausdemore judged June 21, he gave Cavaliers the same exact score w/the same exact sub-caption scores.

Get better, Mr. Ausdemore!!!

I think we all know scores are not always indicative of improvement...just kinda depends on who's judging and who they're competing against. Come August, corps will pretty much score what they deserve at that point in the season, not much of a plus/minus. Maybe half a point or so. I think by the end, the judges pretty much get it right. After they've had time to see many of the shows multiple times and see how they've progressed. Judges have to kinda get to know shows, too, so they know what to look for in both errors and positives.

Anyone ever check out that Youtube video of the GE Music judge's tape during the Cadets' show sometimes last year?