2014 Alumni Spectacular

And that does it for the 2014 Alumni Spectacular! There's one more show left in the DCA season, the 50th World Championship Finals! I'll be here for my last LIVE From the Stands coverage on Drum Corps Planet. We'll see you there!

I don't recognize the song, but it sounds patriotic.

Brass trio comes up for a quick snippet of melody.

Honor guard is now front and center with the horns in a company front behind them and the drum line behind that, color guard to the left on red flags.

The song is "The Maple Leaf Forever" It almost became our National Anthem. Opti did it proud yesterday!

The song is "The Maple Leaf Forever" It almost became our National Anthem. Opti did it proud yesterday!

Thank you. I was using corpsreps.com for my music rep info and there was precious little about some of the corps.

Horns marching backfield. I don't recognize the song. They've turned forward now and are pushing the formation forward with the rest of the corps.

Andy Lisko is correct, Kevin. "Cuban Pete" was popularized by Ricky Ricardo (Desi Arnaz, of course) on "I Love Lucy." It saw a resurgence of popularity when it was featured in Jim Carrey's film, "The Mask." The Cabs played this combo back in the 1950's and we also played it in the Alumni Corps our first season.

This year's new arrangement of "Lucy / Pete" by Larry Kerchner was a nod to our Alumni Corps 20th Anniversary season, complete with a dance step straight out of the 50's as well.

• Like 1

Thank you. I was using corpsreps.com for my music rep info and there was precious little about some of the corps.

DCA's "Yearbook", which was sold at the stadium, listed repertoire info for almost all the alumni and competing corps (except mini corps).

Edited by N.E. Brigand

:dry:

Edited by bariman50

I know everyone has heard this from me before, but I was really impressed with how well many of the corps played those craptastic bugles.

Cabs Alumni, great work as always. You're one of my favs.

BAC alumni. All i can say is word up! The young BAC uniforms looks fantastic, and the moves and playing were wicked. Really great job. I hope you all continue to do this year after year.

• Like 1

Thanks for the compliment. I think the uniforms do make us look younger, but make no mistake about it, they are not hand-me-downs from the BAC juniors. They are brand new, custom made for us.

• Like 1