First regional this week! DCI La Crosse.

Well... we might as well be back in Akron after that. Such bizarre accordion judging the last couple weeks.

Looks like the competition will be BD on their own. Cadets and Crown for second. Bluecoats are now contending with Cavies (and SCV) for 4,5,6... and the crowd aint gonna be happy.

The great mystery for me has to be the Bluecoats percussion scores since the beginning. We still have no consistent read on them... and they have run the gamut from "stellar" to "meh".

Lookin' more and more like just another middle pack year for the 'Coats.

Edited by cfirwin3

Well... we might as well be back in Akron after that. Such bizarre accordion judging the last couple weeks.

Looks like the competition will be BD on their own. Cadets and Crown for second. Bluecoats are now contending wit Cavies (and SCV) for 4,5,6... and the crowd aint gonna be happy.

The great mystery for me has to be the Bluecoats percussion scores since the beginning. We still have no consistent read on them... and the have run the gamut from stellar to meh.

4 weeks out and you are picking a winner???lol..Buy me a few lottery tickets please.Been following your posts the past few weeks and now it seems that good ole BD arrogance is starting to show through lol. :dry:

• Like 1

4 weeks out and you are picking a winner???lol..Buy me a few lottery tickets please.Been following your posts the past few weeks and now it seems that good ole BD arrogance is starting to show through lol. :dry:

No... I'm a Bluecoat... "Six words" baby!

I'm just looking at the scores. BD hasn't been challenged once this year, and the spread and placement of Cadets through Bluecoats remains essentially unchanged from night 1 in Akron.

Cavies seem to be the only ones really moving or pressing.

I'm not happy about it... but it is what it is.

Also... for the record, I have never known BD members or corps representatives to be remotely arrogant. Given their impeccable record, they actually lose gracefully more often than they win triumphantly. No corps is deserving of a character assassination. I reserve those only for George Hopkins... I'm kidding, I'm kidding... just couldn't resist.

Keep in mind, the guy who just hosed Bluecoats in drums last night was cut by the corps back in the day.zjJ

Hosed? He gave them a 16.80 vs. scores of 17.10, 17.20 and 17.70 above them. Dividing the caption score in two before adding it to the final score accounts for 0.45 before Bluecoats and The Cadets in Percussion. Let's give them the same score as Cadets' winning line and add 0.45 to their final score. That gives the corps an 86.30, which still puts them 0.60 under 2nd place Carolina Crown. And, with that new score putting the corps 1.70 Cavaliers and 1.75 under Cadets, it still places them closer to 4th place than 1st in this show.

In addition, I know Glen Fugett. To suggest he holds any grudge and employs it against Bluecoats is repulsive, just like the comments I used to read on DCP that Jeff Prosperie was score Regiment's drum line high because he used to march and teach there...forgetting that most other judges were scoring them equally high.

It does a disservice to all corps fans reading DCP to even try to put in their heads that a judge is playing games because of something in the far past; and it's a terrible thing to suggest about a good man like Glen Fugett, whom is someone worthy of the respect of all of us.

• Like 9

Hosed? He gave them a 16.80 vs. scores of 17.10, 17.20 and 17.70 above them. Dividing the caption score in two before adding it to the final score accounts for 0.45 before Bluecoats and The Cadets in Percussion. Let's give them the same score as Cadets' winning line and add 0.45 to their final score. That gives the corps an 86.30, which still puts them 0.60 under 2nd place Carolina Crown. And, with that new score putting the corps 1.70 Cavaliers and 1.75 under Cadets, it still places them closer to 4th place than 1st in this show.

In addition, I know Glen Fugett. To suggest he holds any grudge and employs it against Bluecoats is repulsive, just like the comments I used to read on DCP that Jeff Prosperie was score Regiment's drum line high because he used to march and teach there...forgetting that most other judges were scoring them equally high.

It does a disservice to all corps fans reading DCP to even try to put in their heads that a judge is playing games because of something in the far past; and it's a terrible thing to suggest about a good man like Glen Fugett, whom is someone worthy of the respect of all of us.

I agree. Maybe you should spend some time in the Madison Scouts thread, right after a short prayer to Saint Jude.

Regardless of the various opinions about the Cadets show, they played and marched with controlled intensity, and cleaner than just about anyone else. I don't think they have the most pure talent;

Corps don't have to have the most talent with the current sheets... they just need to reasonably execute what the judges believe is the best crafted Show Design of the Corps in competition that evening. The Cadets won General Effect with both judges assigned to this caption, as well as Music Ana. and Visual Ana. these are predominently Show Design captions. The fact the Cadets won the execution captions gave them the reasonably comfortable point spread win margin over the others in competition last nite.

Edited by BRASSO

Looks like the competition will be BD on their own. Cadets and Crown for second. Bluecoats are now contending with Cavies (and SCV) for 4,5,6... and the crowd aint gonna be happy.

The great mystery for me has to be the Bluecoats percussion scores since the beginning. We still have no consistent read on them... and they have run the gamut from "stellar" to "meh".

Right. Because, for the next 4 weeks, nothing except the judging panels will be changing for any of the corps.... They are all marching their final product and have nothing left to do except clean, clean clean.

Corps don't have to have the most talent with the current sheets... they just need to reasonably execute what the judges believe is the best crafted Show Design of the Corps in competition that evening. The Cadets won General Effect with both judges assigned to this caption, as well as Music Ana. and Visual Ana. these are predominently Show Design captions. The fact the Cadets won the execution captions gave them the reasonably comfortable point spread win margin over the others in competition last nite.

They are achieving increasingly well in the execution captions....will be fun to see which corps bring it tonight.