First regional this week! DCI La Crosse.

Quite possibly one of the most picturesque drum corps shows, ever. There was a giant double rainbow for the end of Jersey Surf's show and the beginning of the Colts; which fit in nicely with Surf's multi-colored plumes at the end of their show and Colt's take on the Wizard of Oz. There was a huge moon rising over the bluffs that provided a great backdrop for the Cavaliers vampire theme and Phantom Regiment's Swan Lake.

The stadium was packed, full, once the rain cleared and gave all the corps the recognition they have worked so hard to earn.

The Blue Stars alumni performance was the cherry on top of an an awesome and well run drum corps show.

In addition to the Blue Stars, I'm pretty sure the other crowd favorite was the Bluecoats. That's a show that's meant to be seen and heard live.

• Like 2

Bluecoats seemed to have toned down the synth and their preseason brass playing recording in their closer in that wow moment of theres from earlier in the season. I liked it better when they had that sucker cranked up louder earlier in the season.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

I agree with really digging the synth sound. My understanding is that difference on the fan network for Ft. Wayne and La Crosss was due to the broadcast mic location - not that the synth was turned down. i hope that's the case because I really liked the sound of the full volume and brass together. It's epic and needs to stay that way.

• Like 1

Keep in mind, the guy who just hosed Bluecoats in drums last night was cut by the corps back in the day.

I was holding that one back - glad some else said it - ha!

Don't think that was the reason of overall odd adjudicating.

Don't think that was the reason of overall odd adjudicating.

Oh I'm sure it was.

DCI judges only voluntarily re-enter the activity to exact revenge on past slights from two or three decades ago.

• Like 6

Get a grip people. Just because your corps lost doesn't mean they got hosed by a judge that was cut by them. Really funny lol.. Everyone has an off night.Good thing you people don't judge.