First regional this week! DCI La Crosse.

I agree with really digging the synth sound. My understanding is that difference on the fan network for Ft. Wayne and La Crosss was due to the broadcast mic location - not that the synth was turned down. i hope that's the case because I really liked the sound of the full volume and brass together. It's epic and needs to stay that way.

If its the mic positioning, I likewise hope someone tells their staff to move the mic to where it used to be positioned earlier in the season, as its lost a bit of its effects it had earlier when it was played louder.

Bluecoats seemed to have toned down the synth and their preseason brass playing recording in their closer in that wow moment of theres from earlier in the season. I liked it better when they had that sucker cranked up louder earlier in the season.

I loved it too....seems like the ending is so much more softer than from the beginning of the season......It was that moment that all my blood was rushing from my head....way South :wow:

I tend to agree with RConta that Bluecoats got hosed last night in percussion. It doesn't make sense. I'm chalking it up as an anomaly for now. I expect things will work themselves out over the course of the season.

Go Bloo

Yeah because Cadets' and Crown's percussion lines didn't take that caption all year. :doh:

How about we just take it as there were other corps better than Bluecoats' drum line last night...

We all here might want to tone down our future criticisms of Guard uniforms, after we see what some of the DCI's judges decide to wear to work.

Holy Knights of Columbus !!... what was that lady field judge wearing to work last nite ? What a clothing mess she was, huh ? Does she stop off at the local Goodwill truck stop before work to see if they'll give her an outfit that the Goodwill folks were thinking of tossing out ? Whats up with HER ?

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

Bluecoats seemed to have toned down the synth and their preseason brass playing recording in their closer in that wow moment of theres from earlier in the season. I liked it better when they had that sucker cranked up louder earlier in the season.

I agree with really digging the synth sound. My understanding is that difference on the fan network for Ft. Wayne and La Crosss was due to the broadcast mic location - not that the synth was turned down. i hope that's the case because I really liked the sound of the full volume and brass together. It's epic and needs to stay that way.

It was cranked up at the Eden Prairie show on Friday! It has to be the positioning of the fan network mics, because I really don't think the corps is messing around with volume on a show to show basis (at least not as drastic as is seems on fan net)

We all here might want to tone done our future criticisms of Guard uniforms, after we see what some of the DCI's judges decide to wear to work.

Holy Knights of Columbus !!... what was that lady field judge wearing to work last nite ? What a clothing mess she was, huh ? Does she stop off at the local Goodwill truck stop before work to see if they'll give her an outfit that the Goodwill folks were thinking of tossing out ? Whats up with HER ?

Yeah I noticed that during the Blue Stars show from the stands up high....I was like, is at a judge? What's with the jean jacket and white dress thingy?? Where's the khaki pants and green shirt?? Typical DCI enforcing rules that only apply to others. I thought it was a total lack of class provided by DCI. Its not like it was hot and she had to wear a dress to stay cool.

• Like 1

Yeah I noticed that during the Blue Stars show from the stands up high....I was like, is at a judge? What's with the jean jacket and white dress thingy?? Where's the khaki pants and green shirt?? Typical DCI enforcing rules that only apply to others. I thought it was a total lack of class provided by DCI. Its not like it was hot and she had to wear a dress to stay cool.

Anyone have a pic of this yeti or was it that elusive?

• Like 1

Anyone have a pic of this yeti or was it that elusive?

The pic of her worksite clothes from last nite probably shouldn't be depicted here. For example, if a pet is nearby the computer screen the poor thing might pee on the floor from sheer terror at the ghastly sight.

• Like 4

Welcome to the world of Beth Fabrizio.

She has judged dozens of marching band contests I've been at during the fall seasons, and she always goes out of her way to wear something entirely different from the rest of the judges. Usually it is a fluffy, furry, poofy moon boot selection, combined with a mink furry top of some sort. Maybe a dress here or there. Shiny things. Sparkles.

I am just waiting for the day when it's so cold outside she wears a puff jacket with a burka.

We all here might want to tone done our future criticisms of Guard uniforms, after we see what some of the DCI's judges decide to wear to work.

There is so much visual clutter in their show that I am surprised anyone could actually see her. I am a huge Blue Stars fan but this years show is a visual disaster because of the amount of crap that they drag onto the field.

Edited by bluesman