First regional this week! DCI La Crosse.

Regarding Bluecoats drum line scores, I've noticed that they have marched a hole and used an alternate in their snare line in some recent shows. Looked like they had the whole line last night but it sounded fuzzier in spots than usual. When this line is peak form, I still think they can be a contender for top percussion.

Absolutely agree. How is it that a corps that gets so little reaction wins General Effect?

Primarily because in the GE captions, the actual writer of the caption required the judge in the written requiremrent of it,( and agreed to by all the Corps that all signed off on it), the GE Judge is asked to determine how the show effected HIM or HER alone. As such, the audience is a total non factor in any of the DCI captions.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

What is the point of the frisbees? I don't like them.

I don't like the trampolines either but a guess jet packs are too expensive! :lol:

It's hard to interpret unless you're seeing it live. The discs are shooting stars. They originate from each of the pods of horn players who are rippling those "flourishes" across the field. It's extremely cool and very difficult especially from the ensemble perspective.

It's hard to interpret unless you're seeing it live. The discs are shooting stars. They originate from each of the pods of horn players who are rippling those "flourishes" across the field. It's extremely cool and very difficult especially from the ensemble perspective.

I got that impression watching it on the FN last night. I don't think its dependent on seeing it live. What clued me in was the rhythm of the motion while in the air. They sequentially shoot across their arcs in a very nicely timed way.

Of all the visual gimmicks they did, I liked the frisbees. I bet they had fun learning the timing and spacing of those tosses. They had it down just right so each one went about the same distance, had the same arc, and timed off the previous one,

Got it this time and really liked it. That kind of goes for the show in general too. :smile:

I still don't know about those rings though.

I'm sorry but how the hell are sprit and blue stars scoring higher than our open class corps? It's not even funny how lousy these guys are compared to our local drum corps. Yet they arre more than ten points ahead of our vanguard Cadets and BDB. No waY! I CAll BS!!!

ah welcome back, we missed you

Have seen it live a few times- live.....The trampolines are more of a distraction that anything to me.