First regional this week! DCI La Crosse.

"Both" infers two. It seems there were far more than 2 people responding to the dear child.

Apparently his vast level of perception and intelligence doesn't carry into mathematics, either.

The dear child never got the letter from management informing him that we all are here to debate with him...not to entertain him.

I got that impression watching it on the FN last night. I don't think its dependent on seeing it live. What clued me in was the rhythm of the motion while in the air. They sequentially shoot across their arcs in a very nicely timed way.

Of all the visual gimmicks they did, I liked the frisbees. I bet they had fun learning the timing and spacing of those tosses. They had it down just right so each one went about the same distance, had the same arc, and timed off the previous one,

from my viewings/perspectives watching the show a few times on FN, I think the frisbees/shooting stars are one of the most effective things they use props for. I agree that it was fairly simplistic to "get" from seeing it online, but I can see how it might be difficult to get if not seeing them in context of the ensemble visual timing

Less the sprinkles on the first couple of corps performing, the show was great. Purchased tickets the day they went on sale and had top row 45 yard line seats. There is a small walkway for emergency staff etc., right behind the top row, but is not designated seating. Almost all of the corps had staff run up and utilize this area to watch their corps perform. No problems with any of them. They were courteous, asked if they could watch from there before they just moved in, and did not disrupt anyone in the area from enjoying the performance. Until the Cadets group of five showed up. I have been a fan of the Cadets since the 70's, and probably cheer for them as much as my own corps. But I lost respect for them after these 5 staff acted like a bunch of high school pom and dance squad instuctors. They would scream, yell, clap, hoot and holler everytime someone winked, smiled, caught a rifle, played a loud note, said infamy,...you name it, they cheered for everything and ruined the show for us in the area. They were asked more than once to hold it down and they wouldn't even acknowledge us.

They not only lost my respect for the corps, they have now lost all of my donations to them along with the souvies I would buy from them every year.

• Like 2

I loved it too....seems like the ending is so much more softer than from the beginning of the season......It was that moment that all my blood was rushing from my head....way South :wow:

Has anyone who was at the show live been able to comment about this? It's really hard to judge synth balance via live stream, since mic placement & levels doesn't seem to be 100% consistent. If you have seen it live a few times and noticed a difference lately, that is interesting that they might've changed (or this could be an example of "different stadiums/different EQ = inconsistent balance)

Primarily because in the GE captions, the actual writer of the caption required the judge in the written requiremrent of it,( and agreed to by all the Corps that all signed off on it), the GE Judge is asked to determine how the show effected HIM or HER alone. As such, the audience is a total non factor in any of the DCI captions.

That doesn't sound very general, now does it.

It's hard to interpret unless you're seeing it live. The discs are shooting stars. They originate from each of the pods of horn players who are rippling those "flourishes" across the field. It's extremely cool and very difficult especially from the ensemble perspective.

I was their live, nobody understood the frisbees.

• Like 1

I know! What a hack Aaron Copland must have been to write a piece that has a narrator.

He didn't write it for an orchestra moving around a football field. The orchestra sits still.