First regional this week! DCI La Crosse.

I got that impression watching it on the FN last night. I don't think its dependent on seeing it live. What clued me in was the rhythm of the motion while in the air. They sequentially shoot across their arcs in a very nicely timed way.

Of all the visual gimmicks they did, I liked the frisbees. I bet they had fun learning the timing and spacing of those tosses. They had it down just right so each one went about the same distance, had the same arc, and timed off the previous one,

This much is true, I did notice that.

Have seen it live a few times- live.....The trampolines are more of a distraction that anything to me.

At least the trampolines were to the outside of the field, it made it easier for me to ignore.

• Like 1

I sent her and Dan Acheson messages on facebook as well, you might like to know. So blow your whstle a couple more times

I think it depends how it is said. One can state an objection intelligently without going into cut downs, name calling and negativity.

That's what I'm talking about. One win could be an outlier... but the Bloo has done it several times, against everyone... as much as they have lost. And the wins were spread out. If the trend was that these groups are trading captions then the score should be tighter.

I'll say this about last night's performance/scores/whatever in regards to Bluecoats percussion.

Last night their battery sounded not-as-clean as in other FN streams I've seen this season. That could be weird mic placement, weird stadium echo, etc. Or it could be they just flat-out had a off show (like, IMO, Crown's brass seemed to have).

For a man to aspire to perfection is folly; for him to expect it is the greatest folly of all.

We're human...we all have bad days -- even the best trained among us. It happens. What disturbs me is when there are those who will say "but they COULDN'T have been that bad...they're so GOOD, after all !! "

There are nights when GOOD just isn't good enough.

Edited by HornTeacher

I think it depends how it is said. One can state an objection intelligently without going into cut downs, name calling and negativity.

Was brief and to the point. He is not tending to his duties and to them both, If she can't follow guidelines she should be relieved of her duties
  • Like 1

Was brief and to the point. He is not tending to his duties and to them both, If she can't follow guidelines she should be relieved of her duties

I'm not saying she should not comply with the rules, but there are many ways to state the same message. Some ways are respectful and others are not. Generally speaking, the ones that are stated more respectfully tend to get more consideration while the disrespectful ones' validity tends to be dismissed rather quickly. in either case, typically the messages, whether respectful or not, tend to be responded to in the same manner.

Edited by DrumCorpsFan27
  • Like 4

Troll feeding is between the hours of 7:00pm and 7:01pm. If any DCP member wishes to engage eric49 outside of that time period, the resulting #### show is squarely on you.

Thank you for your cooperation.

• Like 5

Less the sprinkles on the first couple of corps performing, the show was great. Purchased tickets the day they went on sale and had top row 45 yard line seats. There is a small walkway for emergency staff etc., right behind the top row, but is not designated seating. Almost all of the corps had staff run up and utilize this area to watch their corps perform. No problems with any of them. They were courteous, asked if they could watch from there before they just moved in, and did not disrupt anyone in the area from enjoying the performance. Until the Cadets group of five showed up. I have been a fan of the Cadets since the 70's, and probably cheer for them as much as my own corps. But I lost respect for them after these 5 staff acted like a bunch of high school pom and dance squad instuctors. They would scream, yell, clap, hoot and holler everytime someone winked, smiled, caught a rifle, played a loud note, said infamy,...you name it, they cheered for everything and ruined the show for us in the area. They were asked more than once to hold it down and they wouldn't even acknowledge us.

They not only lost my respect for the corps, they have now lost all of my donations to them along with the souvies I would buy from them every year.

Gee, I think I was sitting right next to you then, that staff was out of control. Hooting and hollering, they were the only ones in the entire crowd. Everyone else i could see in the crowd was kinda "Eh, this is it?" after the Bluecoats show..and I could see most everyone from where I was sitting. Crowd reaction for the Cadets wasn't there. and those yahoo's didn't make it better