First regional this week! DCI La Crosse.

Yeah I guess it isn't really a regional. First big show with full panels though, and it's looking like the weather is going to cooperate! Gonna be some good first time head to head matchups. Blue Stars are back in town the next three days, gonna check out some rehearsals/run throughs. I'm thinking this corps is HUNGRY right now after closing the gap so much on Scouts, hoping they come out and make a statement Saturday!

So is it, or is it not an official DCI regional?

um it's not a regional if BD's not there...just sayin'

Technically, it is a regional. All of the competing corps are near or east of the Mississippi River. That would make it a "region."

Just Sayin'

:silly::laughing::silly::laughing::silly::laughing::silly::laughing::bluedevil::laughing::silly::laughing::silly::laughing::silly::laughing::silly:

Edited by Old Corps Guy
  • Like 1

Yeah I guess it isn't really a regional. First big show with full panels though, and it's looking like the weather is going to cooperate! Gonna be some good first time head to head matchups. Blue Stars are back in town the next three days, gonna check out some rehearsals/run throughs. I'm thinking this corps is HUNGRY right now after closing the gap so much on Scouts, hoping they come out and make a statement Saturday!

Scouts arent there but i believe Boston is.

I guess I always thought DCI Minnesota (which is this show) was a regional, but I could be wrong.

that show WAS a regional :-/

the LaCrosse show does not have the same line up that the DCI MN show would have had. (BD, BK, Madison, Pioneer, SCV, Xmen,Troop,Scades all missing)

big show no doubt.

Edited by corpsband

I guess I always thought DCI Minnesota (which is this show) was a regional, but I could be wrong.

In previous years it was but this season it was scheduled the same day as the Denver show, so the lineup is split. I don't know if DCI is still counting it as an "official" regional or not.

La Crosse:

Blue Saints

Blue Stars

Bluecoats

Boston Crusaders

Carolina Crown

Colts

Govenaires

Jersey Surf

Legends

Music City

Phantom Regiment

Racine Scouts

Spirit of Atlanta

The Cadets

The Cavaliers

Denver:

Blue Knights

Santa Clara Vanguard

Madison Scouts

Troopers

Crossmen

Pacific Crest

Oregon Crusaders

Mandarins

Cascades

The Academy

My guess is Blue Devils committed to the System Blue clinic that day in the Twin Cities before the show was moved from Minneapolis to La Crosse, which is why they aren't going.

Edited to add: the split lineup with Denver was on the original schedule, BEFORE the show had to be moved to La Crosse.

Edited by Spandy

Just got a message regarding this, so to clarify...

DCI La Crosse and DATR combine to make the first regional of the season. This split format has happened before depending on the calendar for a particular year. The combined scores from those two shows will be used for the seeding in San Antonio.

• Like 2