First regional this week! DCI La Crosse.

If you look at their daily calendar http://www.regiment.org/calendar/ you can see that it says "closed rehearsal" for July 8.

That doesn't show up on other dates in the coming week.

Ahhh ok. thanks!!! Stil baffles me why they would close practice to the public...I mean I get not "hanging out" with the members to distract them, but one couldn't sit on the sidelines or the stadium (if there is one) and watch? That's just crazy to me.

From Phantom's and Cavies websites:

Blue Saints

Racine Scouts

Legends

Music City

Governaires

Jersey Surf

Colts

7:33pm Blue Stars

7:50pm Spirit of Atlanta

8:07pm Boston Crusaders

8:24pm Cavaliers

8:41pm Phantom Regiment

8:58pm Bluecoats

9:15pm Carolina Crown

9:32pm Cadets

Chief Judge: Glenn Fugett

Contest Coord: Tony DiCarlo

Color Guard: Mike Stone

GE Music: Albert Lo

GE Visual: Michael Kelly

Music Analysis: Randy Isoda

Music Brass: Beth Fabrizio

Music Percussion: Glenn Fugett

Visual Analysis: William Chumley

Visual Proficiency: Robert Solomon

For a heads up, for our West Coast and East Coast DCP'ers, these times here are CENTRAL time.

• Like 1

Ahhh ok. thanks!!! Stil baffles me why they would close practice to the public...I mean I get not "hanging out" with the members to distract them, but one couldn't sit on the sidelines or the stadium (if there is one) and watch? That's just crazy to me.

I spent a full day watching Phantom rehearse back in '89. They made sure I met everyone that was on the staff, etc.

They invited me to walk a few blocks with them to have lunch. That was one HECK of a fine corps too!!!

Does anyone know how FN is handling the dual regionals Saturday - is it possible to stream both Lacrosse and Denver on two different devices?

I think you should be able to switch between the 2 shows on any 1 device, if you are a basic subscriber.

Edited by BRASSO

As for the weather...there are still too many variables to be accuracte. The ECMWF (Euro) wants to make a bigger storm system or MCS and place it near the LaCrosse area, the GFS and NAM want to keep this south of the stadium. Yesterday it was a different story. It depends on how this afternoon's runs go here...will they be the same? will all main models come together on a solution? We'll see.

I will say this. I know a frontal boundry has been shown stalling or moving slighty south thru the area the past few days...warm humid air on one side and cooler drier air on the other = rain somewhere. The big question is where does this all set up? I doubt we really have any confidence until later Friday afternoon or Saturday morning unfortunately. These types of systems are notoriously hard to forecast from one area to the next. attm I will assume this will be a nowcast show. Too bad this weather we've had this week or the much cooler weather that will be around next week couldn't be at this show.

• Like 1

As for the weather...there are still too many variables to be accuracte. The ECMWF (Euro) wants to make a bigger storm system or MCS and place it near the LaCrosse area, the GFS and NAM want to keep this south of the stadium. Yesterday it was a different story. It depends on how this afternoon's runs go here...will they be the same? will all main models come together on a solution? We'll see.

I will say this. I know a frontal boundry has been shown stalling or moving slighty south thru the area the past few days...warm humid air on one side and cooler drier air on the other = rain somewhere. The big question is where does this all set up? I doubt we really have any confidence until later Friday afternoon or Saturday morning unfortunately. These types of systems are notoriously hard to forecast from one area to the next. attm I will assume this will be a nowcast show. Too bad this weather we've had this week or the much cooler weather that will be around next week couldn't be at this show.

I like what you do here re. giving us some inkling on what the prospects are for rain, sunshine, etc... its cool... thanks.

• Like 2

I like what you do here re. giving us some inkling on what the prospects are for rain, sunshine, etc... its cool... thanks.

Thank you!!!! I try, wish I could be more accurate from a distance, so does every weatherman though lol.

Its impossible to give an exact forecast until day of usually when rain is involved. its a wait until the radar lights up, then look at sat pics, movement of storms and overall synoptic picture of what's going on across North America game, and even then its not 100%...although once the previous happens, it does allow for accuracy to go up quite a bit. I'll be keeping a close eye on things and try to keep this thread updated up to step off, more if needed. it's about a 4 hour drive for me and I don't see a widespread area of rain that would keep me from making the trip at this time, I don't anticipate one either, just showers and storms somewhere around the area.

PLEASE let this show be rain free.

I'm with you, trust me!

Not a regional and Cadets/Crown/Coats have been battling all season so not sure how significant this show is without BD in the mix but we'll see.