First regional this week! DCI La Crosse.

Not a regional and Cadets/Crown/Coats have been battling all season so not sure how significant this show is without BD in the mix but we'll see.

According to BozzlyB in this post on page 3, it is a regional (or part of one, at least)

According to BozzlyB in this post on page 3, it is a regional (or part of one, at least)

well it's one of two shows being used to seed SA. not sure that makes it a regional :-\

you can get seeded into SA with other scores too --- just don't compete in one of these shows.

a regional (by definintion) has everyone there. so i agree with chezman -- not a regional.

well it's one of two shows being used to seed SA. not sure that makes it a regional :-\

you can get seeded into SA with other scores too --- just don't compete in one of these shows.

a regional (by definintion) has everyone there. so i agree with chezman -- not a regional

My question is...once the new Vikings stadium is complete, are they gonna bring Minn back as a regional??

a regional (by definintion) has everyone there. so i agree with chezman -- not a regional.

Just to play a bit of Devil's Advocate here, DCI MN has never had every world class corps in attendance (always missing at least four, usually five) Therefore, by your definition, it was never a regional in the first place, and we haven't lost anything for this season. :satisfied:

Edited by Spandy

My question is...once the new Vikings stadium is complete, are they gonna bring Minn back as a regional??

The Vikings stadium has nothing to do with it, the show was moved this year because there is a concert at TCF Bank Stadium that day as part of the MLB All Star Game festivities. I've heard that the show will be back at TCF next summer.

Edit: Keeping in mind that the split with Denver was decided before the show had to be moved, I wouldn't be surprised if they still keep that format next year.

Edited by Spandy
  • Like 1

Just to play a bit of Devil's Advocate here, DCI MN has never had every world class corps in attendance (always missing at least four, usually five) Therefore, by your definition, it was never a regional in the first place, and we haven't lost anything for this season.

but those missing corps just joined tour in SA instead. not sure of the why's/wherefores/permissions to do that, but regionals are defined (at least to my mediocre understanding) as shows with the all the world class corps in attendance.

Just heard back from Phantom, the rehersal on Saturday IS open to the public. :cool:

cadets have had closed rehearsals

that's so lame

thanks for the info though :)