First regional this week! DCI La Crosse.

Re-viewing the show from last night, the Cadets percussion kicked butt and took names...simple as that...incredible execution against drill demand (and, I really dig the Bluecoats drumline..very hip).

I agree with music book - regarding percussion - just not drill book for the percussion section this year.

It'd be a perfect show to follow the DCI-Minnesota show when its back next year. Short distance for the corps and fans to travel. Win-Win :)

This show is typically scheduled the night before Minnesota.

I noticed her right away. I didn't know she was a judge at first. It reminded me of the Troopers instructor in Ypsilanti many years ago who ended up running onto the field to reset flags that were not in the right spots.

There were 5 of us watching and some if us thought the same thing. Is she famous and that is her "schtick" - kind of putting herself before the event and the kids?

When I judged in different circuits we had a uniform look. You got one warning and the next time you didn't judge-

Let's not be PC here. She is a large person and slacks/golf shirts would not do her any justice and some DCP folks might have a field day if she wore them.

I'm not buying it, Ghost. There are lots of large Woman ( and Men ) that know how to dress properly, despite their large size. She's given the freedom now to wear whatever she wants, now that judges no longer are required to wear judge uniforms in DCI. She easily could have put on attire that would have been much better suited for herself, but even more importantly, that was more fitting for the setting for which she was hired . Thats my take on it anyway.

Edited by BRASSO

If I am not mistaken, Beth Fabrizio (the object of much discussion today) is the daughter of DCI Hall of Fame member Al "Corky" Fabrizio.

If I am not mistaken, Beth Fabrizio (the object of much discussion today) is the daughter of DCI Hall of Fame member Al "Corky" Fabrizio.

Upstate New Yorker. Corky Fabrizio did lots of great things for Corps up and around the Rochester, N.Y. region. He made his mark over on the DCA side of things for many many years there too.

Just got home after a 3.5 hour drive...and 1 mile from my house a drunk driver in a SUV ran a red light and almost smashed into me...good thing I was paying attention.

anyway, i'll recap tomorrow but the main thing I wanted to say is....that was my first time seeing the Cadets this year, I was very excited to see them seeing as how they have been scoring well. All I have to say is I was bored off my a**, what a extremely boring show. The guy I brought with me, 2nd DCI show ever, but a very very good musician...hated it too. They had no passion, no drive and seemed flat to me. The only people cheering for them was their staff next to me at the top of the stadium. Most of the crowd didn't follow suit. Going on after the Coats hurt them...crowd reaction wise. I was waiting for that Drum line to show off a little, they did have that one solo snare part that was sick, but other than that were lost to me the whole show. VERY disappointed by this show. I don't care how clean they were, they were BORING. Sorry Cadets, its what I thought and saw in the crowds lack of reaction.

and for the record, get rid of the narrator...and just play some music, how much time could you have spent playing music rather than talking. sigh...

Absolutely agree. How is it that a corps that gets so little reaction wins General Effect?

• Like 3

The pic of her worksite clothes from last nite probably shouldn't be depicted here. For example, if a pet is nearby the computer screen the poor thing might pee on the floor from sheer terror at the ghastly sight.

:lol:

I agree with really digging the synth sound. My understanding is that difference on the fan network for Ft. Wayne and La Crosss was due to the broadcast mic location - not that the synth was turned down. i hope that's the case because I really liked the sound of the full volume and brass together. It's epic and needs to stay that way.

It was obvious that the mics for the pit were not close to he speakers. Cadets narrator was all but inaudible. Any soloists playing into mica were equally soft.

Upstate New Yorker. Corky Fabrizio did lots of great things for Corps up and around the Rochester, N.Y. region. He made his mark over on the DCA side of things for many many years there too.

The 27th Lancers had an instructor named Art Fabrizio who was from that area. Is he related to that family?