First regional this week! DCI La Crosse.

Hosed? He gave them a 16.80 vs. scores of 17.10, 17.20 and 17.70 above them. Dividing the caption score in two before adding it to the final score accounts for 0.45 before Bluecoats and The Cadets in Percussion. Let's give them the same score as Cadets' winning line and add 0.45 to their final score. That gives the corps an 86.30, which still puts them 0.60 under 2nd place Carolina Crown. And, with that new score putting the corps 1.70 Cavaliers and 1.75 under Cadets, it still places them closer to 4th place than 1st in this show.

In addition, I know Glen Fugett. To suggest he holds any grudge and employs it against Bluecoats is repulsive, just like the comments I used to read on DCP that Jeff Prosperie was score Regiment's drum line high because he used to march and teach there...forgetting that most other judges were scoring them equally high.

It does a disservice to all corps fans reading DCP to even try to put in their heads that a judge is playing games because of something in the far past; and it's a terrible thing to suggest about a good man like Glen Fugett, whom is someone worthy of the respect of all of us.

but Michael...you know someone cant lose because someone else was better!

:shutup:

:ninja:

Have seen it live a few times- live.....The trampolines are more of a distraction that anything to me.

Too bad they aren't all green. Then the field might look less cluttered and the weightless effect more pronounced.

Judging by your name perhaps you will agree. :winky:

• Like 1

Welcome to the world of Beth Fabrizio.

She has judged dozens of marching band contests I've been at during the fall seasons, and she always goes out of her way to wear something entirely different from the rest of the judges. Usually it is a fluffy, furry, poofy moon boot selection, combined with a mink furry top of some sort. Maybe a dress here or there. Shiny things. Sparkles.

I am just waiting for the day when it's so cold outside she wears a puff jacket with a burka.

if I'm chief judge and someone is out of uniform...oh...Tony often isn't in uniform either.

oops

If I am not mistaken, Beth Fabrizio (the object of much discussion today) is the daughter of DCI Hall of Fame member Al "Corky" Fabrizio.

so ####### what!!!

I sent her a message on facebook and told her she should have her butt kicked on the staff for what she did last night

I should have said big fat butt

Edited by eric49
  • Like 1

Too bad they aren't all green. Then the field might look less cluttered and the weightless effect more pronounced.

Judging by your name perhaps you will agree. :winky:

Yeah---that might be cool-if the props seamlessly blended in.....I do not mind (most)props, but do feel at times the field looks cluttered. I like BD this year--they do really move those props around well, but not for anything, I believe that their drill falls really flat and suffers some(it just does not interest me).... I feel like I am watching a concert in an arena(only props drop from the ceiling there), but get confused because the idiom is drum corps. I can appreciate them going out on a limb though and taking risks.....

Absolutely agree. How is it that a corps that gets so little reaction wins General Effect?

Absolutely agree. How is it that a corps that gets so little reaction wins General Effect?

Yep. They are definitely clean and the drumline had a fantastic night but the crowd didn't dig it nearly as much as most of all the other world class corps. That stage in front of the field is a miss and frankly takes tons away from the other 149 people on the field. Probably looks super from a helicopter though.

Edited by BlueByYou2000
  • Like 2

Also it looked like Hop was really enjoying his blocked view of 99% of his corps from the sidelines. Get rid of the stage! It's more than silly.

• Like 1

Yep. They are definitely clean and the drumline had a fantastic night but the crowd didn't dig it nearly as much as most of all the other world class corps. That stage in front of the field is a miss and frankly takes tons away from the other 149 people on the field. Probably looks super from a helicopter though.

This is my thought on the stage exactly. It is a distraction that takes away from the rest of the corps.

• Like 1