First regional this week! DCI La Crosse.

Gee, I think I was sitting right next to you then, that [Cadets'] staff was out of control. Hooting and hollering, they were the only ones in the entire crowd. Everyone else I could see in the crowd was kinda ,"Eh, this is it?" after the Bluecoats show [that they followed], and I could see most everyone from where I was sitting. Crowd reaction for the Cadets wasn't there. And those yahoos didn't make it better.

Ugh. Sounds like Boston's staff last year at Pittsburgh, and Spartans' staff two years ago at Michigan City. So annoying.

• Like 1

Quite possibly one of the most picturesque drum corps shows, ever. There was a giant double rainbow for the end of Jersey Surf's show and the beginning of the Colts; which fit in nicely with Surf's multi-colored plumes at the end of their show and Colt's take on the Wizard of Oz. There was a huge moon rising over the bluffs that provided a great backdrop for the Cavaliers vampire theme and Phantom Regiment's Swan Lake.

The stadium was packed, full, once the rain cleared and gave all the corps the recognition they have worked so hard to earn.

The Blue Stars alumni performance was the cherry on top of an an awesome and well run drum corps show.

In addition to the Blue Stars, I'm pretty sure the other crowd favorite was the Bluecoats. That's a show that's meant to be seen and heard live.

I agree with a lot of what was said here, but the stands were NOT packed. Section E was loosely filled and had empty spots, and D was the same. Still good attendence, but not densely packed because of rain. I was in Section E, row 13, seat 24. Not packed, lots of space. VERY friendly crowd.

Ugh. Sounds like Boston's staff last year at Pittsburgh, and Spartans' staff two years ago at Michigan City. So annoying.

What I would have done - gone to the souvie booth and/or buses and ask to speak to either the corps director or tour director and make my feelings known. At the very least, if I had as much good will towards that corps as this person claims to have had over the years, I would seek to give someone in authority with that corps an opportunity to hear what I have to say about it and offer me an apology, if not a clear assurance that their staff will be informed about that kind of behavior not being acceptable to the fans sitting near them at shows.

What I would not have done - gone online and complained about it to a bunch of strangers who can do absolutely nothing about the situation.

If you say you respect and admire the corps, then give them the chance to make amends. Don't throw away all that good will towards an entire drum corps that has built up through the years just because of the unfortunate (no matter how well-intended) actions of some overly eager staff members.

• Like 1

I agree with a lot of what was said here, but the stands were NOT packed. Section E was loosely filled and had empty spots, and D was the same. Still good attendence, but not densely packed because of rain. I was in Section E, row 13, seat 24. Not packed, lots of space. VERY friendly crowd.

You must be one of the people i was talking to, I was just a couple of rows in front of you, same seat number...discussed grunting to conquest?

• Like 1

It was cranked up at the Eden Prairie show on Friday! It has to be the positioning of the fan network mics, because I really don't think the corps is messing around with volume on a show to show basis (at least not as drastic as is seems on fan net)

Volume was a little lower, but not a lot live. They were the corps with the most buzz in section E

I was their live, nobody understood the frisbees.

I was literally behind you, and we talked. Not about this topic, but we talked and you were cool. I don't mind the frisbees, but they were interested. The three ladies to my left oooooed and ahhhhhhhed about the whole effect. Of course I had to explain to them that the tubas were playing high brass, and the baritones were also playing different instruments than usual, but they liked that section. I didn't hate that section compared to Cadets narration. Just saying considering I was literally two rows above you and very aware of your reaction, cause we matched 60% of the reactions. You were wearing a Madison Scouts t-shirt.

You must be one of the people i was talking to, I was just a couple of rows in front of you, same seat number...discussed grunting to conquest?

Yup. Would have enjoyed more discussion with you. You talked about 2-7 and early 80s. Enjoyed the discussion. You're a knowledgeable fan!

You also know your current stuff and have VERY VALID opinions that DCI should listen to.

SEE DCI, we DCP people ARE everywhere!

• Like 1

Gee, I think I was sitting right next to you then, that staff was out of control. Hooting and hollering, they were the only ones in the entire crowd. Everyone else i could see in the crowd was kinda "Eh, this is it?" after the Bluecoats show..and I could see most everyone from where I was sitting. Crowd reaction for the Cadets wasn't there. and those yahoo's didn't make it better

send Hop a note.

• Like 1

What I would have done - gone to the souvie booth and/or buses and ask to speak to either the corps director or tour director and make my feelings known. At the very least, if I had as much good will towards that corps as this person claims to have had over the years, I would seek to give someone in authority with that corps an opportunity to hear what I have to say about it and offer me an apology, if not a clear assurance that their staff will be informed about that kind of behavior not being acceptable to the fans sitting near them at shows.

What I would not have done - gone online and complained about it to a bunch of strangers who can do absolutely nothing about the situation.

If you say you respect and admire the corps, then give them the chance to make amends. Don't throw away all that good will towards an entire drum corps that has built up through the years just because of the unfortunate (no matter how well-intended) actions of some overly eager staff members.

I'd have eric49 send messages

• Like 2