Fort Wayne Formication - 7/8/14

I'll just say a couple of things about the last two corps to perform:

BAC's show is the best I've seen from them in many years. They just need to clean and add volume! It's been a couple years since I've heard a Boston horn line blow my face off, and if any show is begging for volume it's this one! Also, I liked the moving block from early season better than the scrambling mob they did tonight.

Bloo's show is just phenomenal. So engaging. And they perform it with so much energy and attitude! I'd go on about it for at least a couple paragraphs, but that horse has already been beaten dead on this site. Truly a groundbreaking show, and I can't wait to see it in August!

BD: I'm going to have to only watch you in high cam the rest of the year, those uniforms (corps and guard) are pretty bad. Hope they to back to a more Blue Devils-ish look in the future! At this point in the season, I can't say I like this show. Nothing in it was particularly memorable to me. Really, the only feeling I felt at the end was that my brow was furrowing so much it hurt. However...

I felt the same way at this point of the season in 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2013... All shows I have really grown to enjoy. I have no doubt that with the way these folks are performing at this point in the season, and how much potential for growth they still have, what we see at finals will be a totally different beast!

please make it stop

Drumline Battle on Finals day is a great time though! This one was eh...

Loved the new ending, and the pause at the end of the company front in the ballad. Also, a TON more dynamism from the hornline. Great job tonight. You will get to BD execution levels soon.

Yeah, the pause right at the end caught me. I was like, "Wait, what did they do with the tilted ending?" Also liked the synth bass on the body tilt at the end of the first number.

There is officially a four way race for 1st...

• Like 1