An observation of Drum Corps fans

You might wish to skip the friendly discourse in the bathroom line (and most certainly in the lavatorial setting itself). For some, that is simply wayyyy too much an infringement of their personal space.

As far as the souvie line: you might want to open with "I bet you could use ten or twenty more bucks right now, huh?" I think you'll find yourself to have acquired a brand new world's best friend.

And you probably don't want to say that in the bathroom either.

Edited by skevinp
  • Like 6

LMBO!!!

I know what " splooie " means with the Cavs,.. but nobodys going to pry that out of me, unless they are prepared to buy me a few large Guinness, and a box of fine Montecristo # 2's.

Lowenbrau or Sam Adams would be my choice. You can have the stogies!

I've had the opportunities to visit many drum corps venues. I have generally found people to be very nice. There's always going to be those that root for their own corps, but then again, so do I. I find that these things do even out. In fact, I've experienced situtations where after we talk about what brings us to shows, those around us will often times collectively join together to root for each other's corps and kids.

Now, I can't say there's been exceptions - but that's true anywhere.

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 1

I know what both SUTA & Splooie mean, but since I didn't march with those corps, it's not my place to tell anyone who asks. I guess I probably shouldn't know what they mean, but oh well, it is what it is. I just have too much respect for those corps & their history to just throw that kind of stuff out there in an open forum.

Edited for grammar

Edited by loopin' froot loops
  • Like 1

I think it can depend on the crowd. I know I often chat with neighbors, especially here in the East, but my one trip to Indy in 2010 I found many around me were there to see their corps or person and weren't into chatting.

Because it's an elitist activity. They think their activity is better than any "marching band" out there. That's the shortest and sweetest answer you'll get.

Edit: Not saying everyone is like that. But those who do come off as cold seem to have that type of attitude in my opinion.

Why hello, Mr. Logic Fallacy. Fancy seeing you here again on DCP.