Mark Rubino the utlimate slotter Crossmen

Is it me or is this true, He has judged GE Music, Music Analysis and Brass five times in the last month and has maintained a roughly 1.5 point spread all five time against three different judging categories to the Blue Knights !

Or maybe he just feels they're 1.5 better in each catagory? What would it matter if its 1.4 or 2.5.... Again as I wrote a thread about this very thing, it's early season non full panels- Does it matter? Do the early season scores make a bit if difference?

Crossmen drumline is better than BK

And so is their Vis Analysis
  • Like 1

Is it me or is this true, He has judged GE Music, Music Analysis and Brass five times in the last month and has maintained a roughly 1.5 point spread all five time against three different judging categories to the Blue Knights !

I'm guessing you've never judged in a marching circuit before. Have you had the concept of "the value of a tenth" explained in detail? It's something that would be very valuable in terms of understanding these scores and how to interpret them beyond simple numbers.

It's not "slotting." It's essentially a statement as to how much better BK is than Crossmen in that particular caption that night, with a 1.5 difference meaning something very specific. This thread title needs changed, or deleted.

"Ultimate Slotter." Jesus. DCP, is this the kind of un-educated topic creation we need going on here?

• Like 4

Btw, it's Mike Rubino!!

I thought the op said "Marco Rubio" and I was intrigued. lol

• Like 1

Glad I wasn't the only one...

Crossmen drumline is better than BK

No..... Love Xmen got a kid marching there, am SA resident and band director but no..... Early on Xmen beat them in Vis Analysis but now they're a point behind BK. Same with Percussion- .07 at least down to BK. Hope Xmen make finals, they got a shot but its likely 12 at best

The nature of judging these days is a lot of subjectivity. I don't think any caption is immune to it. Some judges will automatically gravitate to what individual corps are doing and give them a better score than other judges will. You can see it any time there are big shows where they have two GE judges. It's very rare that the two judges agree on the ranking of the corps in the competition.

We would probably see it in other captions, too, if DCI had multiple judges in them.