Dekalb TOC

When do we start using holograms?

In the fall, after they've won their sixteenth championship, BD will reveal that they used holograms all season. The tricky part was that they had to create a whole set, each slightly better than the one shown the previous evening.

Grease?

The Bird

Weird, I thought the venue was amazing. We were in row 34, about half-way up, and on the 45 yard line. The view and sounds were amazing, which is good, because the tickets cost $44 a piece.

We had a big meal and beers at Fatty's before the show, and brought some snacks too, so the lack of concessions was not a problem. After all, I don't go to drum corps show for the cuisine. And the long hike up the ramps was great exercise!!

Parking was free, and close to stadium. Highway was close by, so getting in and out of town was a breeze. Plenty of nearby restaurants. I had a great time.

We were in row 53 almost dead on the fifty. The sound was very bad compared to the two shows the weekend before and the view was just attrocious. The pictures posted earlier show very clearly how much of the pit area is burried in the front wall - from the photographer's standing position, and pretty clearly the very shallow angle of the seats and how much the heads of people were blocking the view for folks behind. I'm sure that there were some spots, like the front seats in a tiered section well above the folks in the back of the tier below them, that might have had good views, but they could not be very plentiful.

As far as concessions go, three hours on a hot humid night with the possibility of baking in the sun at times is a long time to expect people to go without something to drink, even if they don't have kids, relatives, dates or friends with them also in need of something to drink or eat.

Whoa, what happened to the Denver streams on the FN? Looks like they're pretending Denver never happened... nowhere to be found. Lol

Must be editing to an "all end zone" camera view. That was a truly atrocious job of video and sound management.

• Like 2

We were in row 53 almost dead on the fifty. The sound was very bad compared to the two shows the weekend before and the view was just attrocious. The pictures posted earlier show very clearly how much of the pit area is burried in the front wall - from the photographer's standing position, and pretty clearly the very shallow angle of the seats and how much the heads of people were blocking the view for folks behind. I'm sure that there were some spots, like the front seats in a tiered section well above the folks in the back of the tier below them, that might have had good views, but they could not be very plentiful.

As far as concessions go, three hours on a hot humid night with the possibility of baking in the sun at times is a long time to expect people to go without something to drink, even if they don't have kids, relatives, dates or friends with them also in need of something to drink or eat.

I was on the 30 row 16. Great sound and view. It wasn't even that hot out. Was lretty windy majority of night.

This is not meant to be a political statement, so please don't bother bringing your political nonsense to what I'm about to say, because it's all meant in fun. But I think it would be cool if Hillary Clinton was president just so we could include her voice in one part of the show, followed by a clip of Michael Scott (aka Steve Carell) saying, "That's what she said." :laugh:

• Like 2

This is not meant to be a political statement, so please don't bother bringing your political nonsense to what I'm about to say, because it's all meant in fun. But I think it would be cool if Hillary Clinton was president just so we could include her voice in one part of the show, followed by a clip of Michael Scott (aka Steve Carell) saying, "That's what she said." :laugh:

But you brought "political nonsense" to what you said first.