Metamora Madness! 7/9/2014

If BD had a consistent lead in all captions over the Coats one night and then the equivalent lead over the Cadets the second night... in a manner that is reflective of the relationship of the Coats with the Cadets at their last couple of meetings... then the BD solid lead conclusion would be more plausible. But... that didn't happen.

The relationship of 4 corps is unclear except to say that BD appears to be in a marginal lead in most captions.

What's worse is that the relationship between 3 corps is less clear than ever with the introduction of the 4th player and the caption relationship that they bring.

• Like 2

STOP STOP STOP!!

If I'm saying that, we really have a problem here.

If BD had a consistent lead in all captions over the Coats one night and then the equivalent lead over the Cadets the second night... in a manner that is reflective of the relationship of the Coats with the Cadets at their last couple of meetings... then the BD solid lead conclusion would be more plausible. But... that didn't happen.

The relationship of 4 corps is unclear except to say that BD appears to be in a marginal lead in most captions.

What's worse is that the relationship between 3 corps is less clear than ever with the introduction of the 4th player and the caption relationship that they bring.

smart post!!

Let me save you the time geluf even though this forum is apparently your job.

Yes I made a "sweeping generalization" that since the Cadets were beat by a full point after listening to DCP sing their praises for the last month. I also attempted to correct that and at least get you to admit it's BD's to lose but you chose to ignore that attempt at correcting my "sweeping generalization". I will still says it's BD's championship to lose.

I bow to your and THeShadeOfNight's indepth knowledge of DCI and amazing first hand knowledge of how judging works.

I'm a judge. Not of DCI, but of a marching band circuit that in general uses the DCI philosophy. Which is honestly neither here nor there, because it's just about pure data at the moment.

I am not ready to say it's BD's to lose because they have not gone head-to-head with the 4th member of the current Gold Medal Bandwagon: Crown, who has not had a show since Sunday. I do not personally believe that they will beat BD in their head-to-head when it happens in a few days, but because I do not *know* that without a reasonable margin for error, I can't make that declaration.

BD can, of course, win the season. That is not in dispute. But even if they do, that does not render invalid the point that 1 point is not a high fence this early in the season. If BD were outscoring their opponents by 1.5-2.0 at this juncture, I'd be more comfortable making that call right now, though still not 100 percent.

Should BD beat Crown at their showdown, then yes, I would say the odds favor them from here out.

This thread is entitled... " Metamora Madness ".

I'll say.

• Like 2

MJ-Popcorn.gif

Too soon!

I still feel the pain of loss!