favorite non-homer shows?

BD Homer here but Bluecoats and Cadets and Crown

So what are the shows from corps that are not your normal "homer" shows?

Being raised in the bay area I'm always going to root for SCV and BD (or any other Western corps including BK)

I REALLY love Cavaliers, Boston, Phantom Regiment and to a lesser degree Madison (Fanfare for the New has bad memories for me) (and i don't like their arrangement of it)

I was going to say that I actually liked the 1979 version of "Fanfare for the New" performed by the Guardsmen, better than this year's Madison Scouts. Sorry, but that Tim Salzman arrangement was done very tastefully. And, they performed it at a very high level.

Been a HUGE Blue Stars and Bluecoats fan since day 1, so I guess you could say those are my homer corps.

Totally Oregon Crusaders, although I could say I've become a homer for them now over the past few years, they're incredible. This year's the tip of the iceberg, incredible show.

I could say the same for Boston Crusaders, enjoyed, but was never really impressed by 2009 - 2012, but in 2013 they upped the difficulty, and this year they're going for broke. They've got massive cojones and I LOVE it.

Big one this year goes to the Cavaliers. I'm going to be 100% honest, 2001 - 2011 were technically impressive to me, but they never ever hit me emotionally, and that's what I want a drum corps to do. This year is BY FAR my favorite Cavaliers show, maybe along with 1989 or 1992? Probably in an extreme minority, but I love the direction they're headed, more than their reign in the 2000s.

Edited by DrumManTx