Creativity at the Top

attack the poster when you have nothing else left to throw :-) you're consistent, i'll give you that.

here's some more facts for you to chew on -- even when there was NO GE on the sheets, design was still half of what mattered. because without a good arrangment you were screwed. did you sew your own unfiorm? so adults were even helping you in INSPECTION. drum corps has always been about (1) the product (2) the execution. from day one 'til today.

oh and my first bugle: a valve-rotor baritone. you can't even get your personal attacks to be accurate.

CADEVALIERS BABY!

You started the attack on me first.. calling me sideways, backwards and yada yada yada, . That made me chuckle because you are so clueless, you don't even realize what you don't know, let alone what little you know of the current sheets constructs, and point allotments, and what chiefly generates the most build up points. . Besides, nobody here brought up the pre DCI era comparison so that was just a dopey thing to add that total irrelevance to this discussion. But thanks for the amusement you provided to me with your dopey rant reply.

Edited by BRASSO

Haha... absolutely can get this done in 2 weeks. I'll click my heels 3 times, and wave my magic wand and head you down the yellow brick road over there where over the hill theres a Corps that I've prepared for you to watch and see that Corps play the '91 Star show. Good Luck and God speed !

That's so 20th century B. Now, if you wanted to get in touch with Harry Potter and crew, they could really give Caliswift one fantastic performance.

You started the attack on me first.. calling me sideways, and yada yada yada, and " clueless ". That made me chuckle because you are so clueless, you don't even realize what you don't know, let alone what little you know of the current sheets constructs, and point allotments, and what chiefly generates the most build up points. . Besides, nobody here brought up the pre DCI era comparison so that was just a dopey thing to add that total irrelevance to this discussion. But thanks for the amusement you provided to me with your dopey rant reply.

yeah you better throw some yada yada yada in there because there was no personal attack (and i didnt use the word clueless) -- i just said you got it wrong (which you did, have and continue to do). when someone tells you you're wrong, you think you're being personally attacked? there's meds for that bro.

i feel sorry for you -- obviously have some sort of confusion impairing your ability to be coherent. hope you get some help for that. you have no idea that you insult posters all the time. just no idea at all.

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 1

after staying out of the cesspool for a long while, I must say the Brasso speaks for me 89.7 % of the time if I judge by the tic system of debate

• Like 2

after staying out of the cesspool for a long while, I must say the Brasso speaks for me 89.7 % of the time if I judge by the tic system of debate

tic system..now there was a hot freakin mess with no accountability...but i dont think its what the topic is about

Great post BRASSO.

I agree to an extent. I think it's become all about what that GE caption and the secondary caption that ensures the design judged more than performance is Analysis.... Now with the Analysis caption you can be judged on overall content and design elements present within the program. But... That said what ever creation is made, still relies on execution by the performers.... Is it equal? Not likely

You and some others " get it "... some others are just angry dudes that are incapable of seeing what seems so obvious to others in the evolution of the activity to one where Show Design , particularly developed in Visual movements, is where the points can be found to move up in placements. Of course, performer execution is critical too. No one here stated othwise. But it seems pretty clear that Show Design is a bit more important than performer hard work, performer execution. Otherwise there is no way that Cavs ( for just one example of dozens we could use ) of 2012 fall from 2nd, 3rd, to 8th in one year. That 2012 Cavs Corps could play their brass instruments, play their percussive instruments, knew how to march well, toss their Guard equipment,etc and all that " performer execution " bit.. With a good Show Design, they'd be right where they always are.. top 3,or 4. But Gaines left, and they were baked to a crisp, as Gaines replacement couldn't deliver them a design that would permit them to effectively compete, no matter how much they busted their tails all spring and summer long and cleaned, and " executed and performed " that dud to the max. I can't help it if some here think that execution and performance are equal to Show Design. Its pretty clear to me that the points in the build up system are weighted more now toward Show Design, and a bit more than they are to performer execution. If people think otherwise, thats cool and all. They even have the right if they want to go much further too and then embarass themselves by bringing up totally unrelated issues when they've lost the argument, and thus go the rant route, with exclamation points, etc and all that silliness that does little at all to advance their position on this topic.

Edited by BRASSO

tic system..now there was a hot freakin mess with no accountability...but i dont think its what the topic is about

Yea the tic was just as objective and a lot less accountable. I really trust the judges now days. It's always going to be a work in progress but I am starting to have a lot of respect for the whole DCI system. It's growing again and I see a lot of good things in the future.

You and some others " get it "... some others are just angry dudes that are incapable of seeing what seems so obvious to others in the evolution of the activity to one where Show Design , particularly developed in Visual movements, is where the points can be found to move up in placements. Of course, performer execution is critical too. No one here stated othwise. But it seems pretty clear that Show Design is a bit more important than performer hard work, performer execution. Otherwise there is no way that Cavs ( for just one example of dozens we could use ) of 2012 fall from 2nd, 3rd, to 8th in one year. That 2012 Cavs Corps could play their brass instruments, play their percussive instruments, knew how to march well, toss their Guard equipment. With a good Show Design, they'd be right where they always are.. top 3,or 4. But Gaines left, and they were baked to a crisp, as Gaines replacement couldn't deliver them a design that would permit them to effectively compete, no matter how much they busted their tails all spring and summer long and cleaned, and " executed and performed " that dud to the max. I can't help it if some here think that execution and performance are equal to Show Design. Its pretty clear to me that the points in the build up system are weighted more now toward Show Design, and a bit more than they are to performer execution.

Yea I agree!

How many of those same people talked about how "bad" they thought Cavies show was?

I miss the HUUUAAH we'd get from corps to incur one tic from using an audible vocal on the field! Funny now but that was rebellious cool back then!

Yea the tic was just as objective and a lot less accountable. I really trust the judges now days. It's always going to be a work in progress but I am starting to have a lot of respect for the whole DCI system. It's growing again and I see a lot of good things in the future.

I remember BITD the classic answer from a judge when challenged was " I call it the way I see it" I had a judge try that one on me a few years ago, after I raked him over the coals you can bet he never said it again...lol Not all judges are trustworthy but for sure made to be accountable if someone really wants to challenge them

I think you meant though " subjective" didnt you?