Which show would you have loved to march?

Madison 95. Never seen an audience more energized.

I was sitting in a prime brass seat at Buffalo in '95 when Madison came on - i.e. too low for a good visual look but right in the line of fire for the brass lines. I had a large contingent of Japanese fans just behind me.

When Madison came on I thought they were going to storm the field. I haven't seen a purely emotional reaction like that since the first days we took tour into the deep South (special times).

95 Madison is not one of my favorite Madison brass sections, but to deny the emotional connection they made with fans (and that's incredibly important to this activity - maybe the MOST important aspect) would be nuts. Not my opinion - (I think) - it's an objective fact.

Unreal.

1987 Garfield Cadets. Nothing even close.

The only time a drum corps sounded - somehow - like a string orchestra. With two-valve G bugles at that. While dancing like a ballet company.

That show is the pinnacle of artistic achievement: when you transcend the limitations of your instrument, art form or idiom.

Martha and Aaron also would have loved to march that year.

Of the four years that I've been involved/interested in the activity, I've never been cut from a certain corps then later in the season thought "wow I missed a hell of an opportunity there". I mean, I was always disappointed of course, but no specific show ever really gave me a "this is what could've been, aww ####" feeling. Except for this past year when I was seriously gearing up to audition for Crown, then backed out at the last minute because some personal junk made me afraid to take risks like that.

Now that we're well into this season, I feel kinda dumb for not going for it. I honestly think, win or no win, Out of this World is a wonderful, uplifting and potential game-changing show, and I would kill to be a part of that. Also, I sorta think looking back that all those months away from home doing what I love most would've done more good for me than any amount of therapy and medication.

I know that isn't exactly what the purpose of the thread was, but just reading that title made me really realize that not auditioning for 2014 has been one of my few regrets so far.

Now, more in line with the thread: 2005 Cadets. I don't love them, but that show is fantastic beyond words. Maybe the most perfectly performed show ever, if you ask me.

Edited by KirkAnthony

Phantom 03 and 08! Those hornlines were absolutely killer, any brass players dreams!