SoCal Classic Open Class Championship

Rants Stadium at Gahr High School

11111 Artesia Blvd.

Cerritos, CA 90703

Sunday, July 13 -- 4:00 p.m. PDT

According to DCI, this is the performance order, to which I append yesterday's scores:

(Edit: see below.)

I'm surprised they don't use yesterday's order to determine today's. In any case, why is BDC on second-last? Why is SCVC fourth in the order?

NWS says upper 80s and sunny.

- - - - - - - - - -

Update: given what cgmomma and OCGroupie report below, apparently the schedule is approximately as follows:

5:00 p.m. -- Incognito (45.05 7/12)

5:15 p.m. -- Blue Devils C (48.15 7/12)

5:30 p.m. -- Watchmen (49.55 7/12)

5:45 p.m. -- City Sound (50.90 7/12)

6:15 p.m. -- Golden Empire (57.60 7/12)

6:30 p.m. -- Impulse (58.05 7/12)

6:45 p.m. -- Gold (62.65 7/12)

7:00 p.m. -- Vanguard Cadets (67.70 7/12)

7:15 p.m. -- Blue Devils B (68.55 7/12)

Edited by N.E. Brigand

I think there may be a different performance order because I was told by parents and/or staff members of SCVC and Gold that Gold performs at 6:45 and SCVC performs at 7.

The order of performance is how they placed last night - ninth to first. The DCI website is incorrect. Each corps was told their performance time, I don't think an official time schedule has been published.

Oh yea! i think BDB should pop 70 tonight.

That drumline is getting slotted because they should be hitting 16's easy about now. don't get me wrong though SCVC could still whoop them hard overall. They have the more mature show. drumline wize though...BDB has one of the best in the country.

\

Thanks for chiming in. I've made my best guess at updating the schedule accordingly.

Congratulations to BDB, the 2014 California champs in Open Class. Here are the scores:

1. 68.60 -- Blue Devils B

2. 67.25 -- Vanguard Cadets

3. 62.40 -- Gold

4. 58.30 -- Golden Empire

5. 57.95 -- Impulse

6. 50.45 -- City Sound

7. 50.05 -- Watchmen

8. 47.15 -- Blue Devils C

9. 45.65 -- Incognito

Recap

Four corps saw their scores increase: Blue Devils B (+0.05), Golden Empire (+0.70), Watchmen (+0.10), and Incognito (+0.60). There was one change in the order: Golden Empire moved ahead of Impulse. BDB was first in all but Visual Analysis and Visual Proficiency. Impulse in fifth place was third in Guard.

This was the year's final show for Golden Empire, Impulse, City Sound, Watchmen, Blue Devils C, and Incognito, and the end of the first season ever for Golden Empire and Watchmen (and the first one in several years for Incognito). Here's to a good beginning!

• Like 2