Thanks Atlanta CV for Attending Grand Prix

Just wanted to take a moment and thank the folks from Atlanta CV for coming up Norh to the Caballeros Grand Prix home show. It was great to see you guys before the DCA Champ. Weekend.

I am sure it was a challenge to coordinate the travel plans to make the trip so again thanks.

• Like 4

18-19 hours each way definitely is unpleasant, but it was all worth it for the chance to perform so well at such a fantastic event. Congrats to all involved, especially the Cabs for their great success of a show and for the win!

18-19 hours each way definitely is unpleasant, but it was all worth it for the chance to perform so well at such a fantastic event. Congrats to all involved, especially the Cabs for their great success of a show and for the win!

It took you 18 hours to get from Atlanta to New Jersey? No wonder you took "Corvette" out of the corps' name :)

• Like 4

I live about a mile from PCTI, site of the Grand Prix (where I worked for 40 years) and my daughter lives in Sandy Springs (Atlanta). Every year we spend 2 days each way (about 17 hours on road) back and forth. I can't imagine a weekend trip to GA and getting off the bus and performing as you guys did and then getting back on to go home.

What you accomplished last weekend will cement your corps together for the next few years........

However, if you guys show up at Secaucus this weekend, it would be crazy !

As a 50+ year Cabs fan, I'm hoping very hard that you finish second in Rochester !

Joe Dz in Paterson, NJ

It took you 18 hours to get from Atlanta to New Jersey? No wonder you took "Corvette" out of the corps' name :)

Yep - when you include meal breaks, fuel stops, a mandatory driver change and three full busses of people to wrangle at every stop... it all adds up :\

Yep - when you include meal breaks, fuel stops, a mandatory driver change and three full busses of people to wrangle at every stop... it all adds up :\

I resent the use of the term "wrangle" in reference to our members. The term creates visions of a herd of cattle needing to be controlled. I am deeply offended by such reference and....

...well come to think of it, that pretty much nails it.

Never mind.

Dan

• Like 1

It was nice to speak with you and the 'other' DM, Dan!

Just kidding about that other guy. He's a gem. I know you are proud to have him. Anyway, so long as you folks can pull off a trip like this, PLEASE CONTINUE! It's extremely important for DCA to have corps willing to extend themselves like you do, for the good of the order. More need to give a 'look.' It can be done. Next time we chat I'll discuss it further, my friend. There's a higher placement waiting for CV, if I had anything to do with it.

It was nice to speak with you and the 'other' DM, Dan!

Just kidding about that other guy. He's a gem. I know you are proud to have him. Anyway, so long as you folks can pull off a trip like this, PLEASE CONTINUE! It's extremely important for DCA to have corps willing to extend themselves like you do, for the good of the order. More need to give a 'look.' It can be done. Next time we chat I'll discuss it further, my friend. There's a higher placement waiting for CV, if I had anything to do with it.

Thanks so much for the kind words Fred! It was great to finally meet you in person after reading so many of your posts here on the Planet. How 'bout we arrange to get together over some frosty ones in Rochester? I'll look forward to it!

Dan