TOC - Warrensburg MO

SCVs pit feature before the ballad had me weak at the knees in Denver. They're incredible.

In my book.... that's the greatest pit performance in DCI history.

• Like 1

Well, I'm going to say:

I've got SCV and Cavies so close that they could flip spots.

I'll tell you what, I am *mighty* impressed with Cavaliers this year. Love the show, and the brass line is really making progress towards being a "destination section" for kids looking to play instead of just march. My hat is off to Chip and his team.

Crowns percussion will not beat Coats tonight. Crown should get best music, Coats should get best GE, and The Cadets and BD should get best individual performance. We might see Coats get really close to either Cadets or Crown.

My call:

BD

Crown

Coats

Cadets

Great run by Crown tonight - much better than Saturday. Watching the brass and listening the unusual individual issues we're seeing/hearing seem to be from visual demand and the blocking of rest and breaths in the line. Something the staff will sort through in the coming weeks, more a factor of the changes they've made.

Overall the corps continues to clean well and absorb many musical and visual changes. Once they settle on the package - watch out

Amazing talent in that group. And they really know how to go out there and PERFORM with a lot of energy and excitement. That's something hard to teach. Both BD & Cadets are more "surgical" right now.

Surgical. That's the word I was looking for. Thank you. Watched the whole live webcast with good feed until Bluecoats and feed froze many times but angular, tilted, cool, captivating, calculated chaos

If surgical is the right word for that, kinetic is the word I'd apply to Bloo and Crown. There's some fun variation in styles at the top this year.

It's hard to tell based on just watching it online but I'd put Coats ahead of SCV by about a half point. I still see the top 3 as BD/Cadets/Crown but the gap may shrink. I think Cavaliers opened up a little over PR. All just a guess. I'd say Coats took drums, BD or Cadets took music and one of those just over Crown in Brass. GE will probably be BD/Cadets/Crown/Coats/SCV/Cavaliers if I had to place money on it I wouldn't put more than a 20.