TOC - Warrensburg MO

The vast majority of the crowd disagrees.

At least as far as entertainment.

In terms of demand...I'm not sure how you can even make that comparison. This year's show is at least a full step above last year's in the demand department.

Musically yes, visually no. I do think the *quality* of the visual design has taken a major step forward though.

:(

Looking like an ignore the scores and enjoy the shows kinda year.

Wisest post of the season. Trying to quantify art makes no sense. It's like comparing Cleveland Orchestra to Chicago. I have my opinions about who I like better, but I'll bust my butt to hear both of them.

• Like 4

j

Isn't this the forum where people complain there's no movement? How many times have I read "judge the show that night"? I'm not saying I agree with tonight's numbers, but you can't complain that there's slotting and no drama tonight. That said, we're still just under halfway through tour.

Exactly:

• corps we like stays on top - "yeah; glad judges got it right!"

• corps we like doesn't move up - "this sucks: stupid slotting"

• corps we like drops - "I hate this inconsistent judging; they were higher a week ago so obviously there is a judging conspiracy as to why there's ranking movement!"

• Like 7

Musically yes, visually no. I do think the *quality* of the visual design has taken a major step forward though.

I should have clarified that I was speaking to the brass book.

But yes, the visual design is way better.

Exactly; they were visually noticeably dirtier than the other Top 4 tonight. Still lots of time to clean so we'll see what happens. But seems like Bluecoats haven't cleansed as fast the others

In my opinion it could be they have more to clean because there is more for each person to perform. They'll get it -

Lots of great programs tonight, but I can't help but feel bloo got the short end of it. Last in guard? Seriously? 5th in percussion? Something's fishy.

I have to agree--something is just wrong about so much of this--someone needs to explain how this is happening--so consistent in the placement of corps year after year--

• Like 1

Exactly:

• corps we like stays on top - "yeah; glad judges got it right!"

• corps we like doesn't move up - "this sucks: stupid slotting"

• corps we like drops - "I hate this inconsistent judging; they were higher a week ago so obviously there is a judging conspiracy as to why there's ranking movement!"

I'll add, "We want more score movement from night to night! But only if *my* corps moves up. If they move down, it's bullpucky."

• Like 6

I don't know why you are all surprised by Bloo's scores. The more I watch it the more simplistic it seems/feels.

Corps have won the title with less demand in recent years than what the 2014 Bluecoats show contains. I wont name names because that can be a very dangerous place to go.

Edited by bluesman