TOC - Warrensburg MO

2 main reasons:

Fans actually like BD this year.

BD is clean as hell.

I was at the show. All corps got big standing O`s except for BD. Few stood and the clapping was polite golf clapping.

I was at the show. All corps got big standing O`s except for BD. Few stood and the clapping was polite golf clapping.

That's normal for BD. That's the effect they go for.

• Like 1

Maybe I don't understand how judges are supposed to interpret the sheets but what would drive me nuts if I were Bluecoats staff is how the content/substance scores have been so wildly varied. At Ft. Wayne, 'coats guard topped the Devils in substance 87-85 then last night, less than a week later, it is 91-84 in favor of the BD for a 9 point swing. That's not execution but content. Can someone explain that? Drum line content scores went from 87-86 in favor of Bluecoats to 90-85 in BD'S favor for 6 point swing. I can see how execution scores might jump around for good or sloppy runs of a show but the content/substance it seems to me is either competitive or not and variances of this degree are puzzling.

Edited by 3PoC

Maybe I don't understand how judges are supposed to interpret the sheets but what would drive me nuts if I were Bluecoats staff is how the content/substance scores have been so wildly varied. At Ft. Wayne, 'coats guard topped the Devils in substance 87-85 then last night, less than a week later, it is 91-84 in favor of the BD for a 9 point swing. That's not execution but content. Can someone explain that? Drum line content scores went from 87-86 in favor of Bluecoats to 90-85 in BD'S favor for 6 point swing. I can see how execution scores might jump around for good or sloppy runs of a show but the content/substance it seems to me is either competitive or not and variances of this degree are puzzling.

Content numbers are directly related to execution/performance numbers. Content is actually driven by achievement. If it's not achieved, no credit can be given...no matter how easy or hard that content is.

Let's recap:

Bluecoats - Being robbed. There is no ability, whatsoever, to dispute this.

BD - Show is so entertaining.....or is it entertaining for BD.

Crown - Trampolines suck.

Cavaliers - 2nd in drums, but who cares.

Cadets - They're the best but they have a stage and some guy is talking all the time.

Colts - Colts?

Phantom - Ugly helmets.

• Like 4

Also, if you are too dirty to effectively portray the design intent, the judge can't get a clear read and has no way to know what was intended.

Let's recap:

Bluecoats - Being robbed. There is no ability, whatsoever, to dispute this.

BD - Show is so entertaining.....or is it entertaining for BD.

Crown - Trampolines suck.

Cavaliers - 2nd in drums, but who cares.

Cadets - They're the best but they have a stage and some guy is talking all the time.

Colts - Colts?

Phantom - Ugly helmets.

Colts?

Content numbers are directly related to execution/performance numbers. Content is actually driven by achievement. If it's not achieved, no credit can be given...no matter how easy or hard that content is.

And conversely, if something is still dirty after a week or so, it WILL likely get less in content as a judge might second guess design (i.e. "this might be a little over-the-head of the members" if it's not getting cleaner while everyone else is).

Also, different judges = different reads = different spreads. Also, maybe Blue Devils got significantly cleaner and their content is a lot easier to read/credit.

There are so many factor involved, and while a huge jump in spread is a bit disconcerting, this time of year it's not crazy implausible. Corps get better than other corps, designs are tweaked to please judges/make more coherent products, etc.

We can almost never watch the shows live, so we try to watch it later. The "DVR" function has not worked for us once this year, and I noticed this morning that the multi-cam recording is gone.

Is anyone else having this problem? Everything worked wonderfully with the Fan Network last year. Why is it not this year?