TOC - Warrensburg MO

Totally surprising that the corps that's already beaten BD, beats them again. It was a .6 spread! How is that "surprising"? They've got the only perfect score in DCI History (and recently) and 4 of the last 5 Jim Ott awards. It still surprises you when they win brass?! It's the one thing they consistently do at the absolute top of the activity. BD finished 3rd in brass. Had you said it's surprising the Cadets beat BD, I'd understand some level of surprise or if Crown beat BD in drums, that would be surprising!

You get surprised at weird things. FYI - The sun is going to go down.....but don't work cause it will come back.

Actually BD also had a perfect score in brass at either quarters or semis, and I think it was 2004 when they played the Summer Train Blues Mix. Edited by OhioBDfan
  • Like 1

BD did get a perfect 20 in brass at quarterfinals in 2004.

Of course, I've always suspected that was mostly because Calhoun ran out of space on his sheet, because they were absolutely better the following night but the score dipped.

...and then Cavies ran away with it. :tounge2:

Sorry geluf. Meant in finals. Good catch.

Sorry geluf. Meant in finals. Good catch.

The ONLY reason I remember that at all is because that's the year I marched. But I think you're right about finals for sure.

The ONLY reason I remember that at all is because that's the year I marched. But I think you're right about finals for sure.

Now for the real history buffs...is Crown's perfect score more impressive then Suncoast putting up a 9.9 in field brass with four corps still to perform...1986 I believe.

• Like 3

Apparently us "olds" may be a bit quicker with the comprehension, because I understood EXACTLY what George meant. I also wasn't too surprised with cali's reaction. George has watched several shows this year, and I am pretty sure he's seen Crown live. More than a few people, both watching FN and actually at the show said that Crown had an off night in the hornline, which is, I assume, why George was surprised that they won brass last night.
Cali, on the other hand, perceived George's honest assessment as some sort of biased slight of Crown, so he went on the attack, as honks are wont to do. In the process he kinda looked silly and made an assumption as to George's personal corps preference. Alas, this is a rookie mistake, so we will let it slide. All you have to do is view George's response, wherein, instead of attitude, name calling, or disparaging remarks, he simply clarified his post.

This edition of drum corps fan psychoanalysis brought to you by my "old person wheels".

Edit because autocorrect added an apostrophe that I absolutely did not want.

Edited by OrlandoContraAlum
  • Like 3

I think if Cadets wouldn't have ended in a mess set AND put their show silks and guard uniform changes in that gap would have been smaller.

Crown's brass win was a little surprising to be honest.

Same reaction to Crown taking brass per my comments. But who knows where the field judge was and when, plus the #### audio feed!

Of course it is.

Why, exactly? Crown was expected to win Brass last year. Suncoast performed in the 6th or 7th place position at finals (they tied for 6th at prelims with Madison, behind Spirit), with the juggernaut that was BD 1986 among those yet to perform. Field Brass was one of only four subcaptions that BD didn't win, and brass was their strong point (they were the "Crown" of brass back then). So I think that there is certainly merit in the question.

Edited by OrlandoContraAlum
  • Like 2

Of course it is.

Context...it's a lot easier to justify a perfect number when you are last to perform. A 9.9 and winning the caption with 3-4 groups still left to perform....think about that.

• Like 1