Round Rockin' 'n Rollin' -- 7/17

Could be bad news for Texas drum corps fans. We're supposed to get rain this afternoon through tomorrow evening. It's raining ### at my office right now. I'm about a mile inland from Galveston Bay.

My wife texted me and said that they (Troopers) are just in Denton now.......flash flooding along route and I-35 came to a standstill.......Cadets in same situation. Making for a very long night of travel!!! UGH!!!!

If either of these shows comes off (Denton or Austin) I'll be amazed. Corps kids are extremely resilient, but performing after being stuck on a bus for so long with no down time simply sucks.

• Like 1

Well...this show looks like maybe it has more of a chance than Denton but...the rain is approaching the area as we speak. Which should be over sometime late morning or early afteroon...the problem is the convection starting to fire around the Midland area moving in RR's direction for later this afternoon. NWS Austin/San Antonio has a 70% chance of rain tonight, some heavy. More to follow later this afternoon.

• Like 1

As someone who does love Madison, though I will admit the love has been tested with trombones--already been said in other posts so we won't dwell--11th place in finals is a possibility, but it's not based on Madison's show as much as the unexpected strength of this year's Blue Knights and Blue Stars along with the surge many of us expect from BAC. If Blue Knights or Blue Stars plateau, or BAC does not surge (perish the thought), there is a possibility Madison could be as high as 8th. In this season where the dust may not settle until as late as finals, we should be careful in predicting.

After saying all this, I'm still sticking with my original prediction with Madison in 3rd and BAC in 2nd.

Edited by Tim K

It's the same as it always has been. Your passive aggressive need to slam Madison while simultaneously over hyping the Blue Stars. You have it down to a science. I applaud you.... :wall:

Always happy to please.

• Like 1

I hate that rain seems to be following DCI this year. I really hate it for those who purchase tickets in advance too. Lost money. From a fan perspective (esp. a fan on a budget), it is not good. Maybe they just consider it their contribution to the sport?

Troop still on road...Just went through Waco.....the "Long Blue Line" is a very true statement about the corps today!!!

Probably a long wet blue line if the weather's anything like up here in DFW.

When it does rain in Texas it rains with a vengeance.

It Reigns!