Music on the Move Bentonville, AR

I started the topic, and just got back from the show so my thoughts......

Impressed with Cascades nice brass sound with the limited number actually playing the horns.

I heard a lot of people complain about the constant narration from the Colts, but I really enjoyed it....and it didn't bother me at all....which was very surprising.

Really impressed with Crossmen, I liked them a lot more than Blue Stars, which I was kind of disappointed with them. They had a good sound, great theme, but it just didn't connect with me.

Then of course Crown...............the opening is very, very cool. They sure did add a lot from different videos I've seen on you tube and from their thread. It's kind of hard to describe, I'm not saying I was disappointed, it just didn't have the same feel as e=mc2. I loved the brass, and was very impressed with how they've strengthened their drumline. I think the guard is good, but the consistency just isn't there, and some members seem to be trying to make up for others around them. Before I knew it, their production was over, and I wanted them to keep going, but alas, I guess we do have to give the kids a break. I still think they're going to medal in August, but it's still too early to tell which it will be

every DM is new. Jacob was mello player last year and the other one gave up DM to help the corps by filling a hole. One backfield conductor got injured. So both side and back are new. Crazy year lol

Jacob marched 2010 also. Took 2011 off, not sure about 2012.

Are there recaps? DCI.org is giving me error messages.

And yeah Jacob is an awesome guy.

Well I think Blue Stars break 80.

You thought right.

Lousiana Stars seems to be doing pretty alright for themselves in a debut year.

I'm sure they'd easily make Open Class Finals if they were going to Michigan City, but I absolutely understand starting with a reduced schedule and not overextending. They only have one more performance! It's next Monday, and I hope someone records it.

IMO it will be a 3 to 4 point spread between XMEN and Colts. Crossmen have a hot drumline supported by a strong guard. The visual program is also strong and the musical program is very engaging.

AGREED>>

10-Madison-87.6

11-Blue Stars-87.0

12-Crossmen-86.2

13-Troopers-85.4

14-Colts-83.2

15-Spirit-82.9