DCI Denton

I'm so glad to see you on this thread rainshdw08! It's awesome having a weather man in the family! ;) I'm heading up from Austin in the morning and was planning to take my mom to the show. I'm going to keep a close watch on this thread for your weather updates!

I've been SOOOOO looking forward to seeing the Bluecoats show IN PERSON. I know YouTube doesn't do it justice!!! If this show gets rained out, that'll be #4 for them--crazy. We're planning to hit all of the Texas shows, and at least we know what the weather will be in the Alamodome!

• Like 1

The weather for this time of year has seemed strange to me. Usually around now we just get the occasional thunderhead that bubbles up in the afternoon. (If you're lucky, you might get some rain.) But, instead (even here in San Antonio) we've gotten several bouts of torrential rain that just keeps forming over an area and won't let go.

In the summer you usually do. The reason for that is a large heat dome normally resides over the Texas area keeping most storms away except for afternoon thunderstorms, the north midwest on the edge of the "ring of fire" around a high pressure is where the cooler air and heat meet causing rain....This year it seems, going back to last winter, a large HP sits out west, forcing air up north over the high, then spilling down over the midwest and mid south area. Cold dry air meets warm moist air and blamo, copious amounts of rain.

I am flying in from southern California tomorrow to see this show. I am hoping for the best! Fortunately, I will be going to San Antonio in case the worst happens. Its going to be my first live viewing of the groups that were not in California. Regardless, I am very excited!

• Like 1

I am flying in from southern California tomorrow to see this show. I am hoping for the best! Fortunately, I will be going to San Antonio in case the worst happens. Its going to be my first live viewing of the groups that were not in California. Regardless, I am very excited!

I'm going with you!

I will be there tomorrow, and am hoping for the best! BTW, I do have 2 extra tickets, row 21 on the 50 if someone wants them...

Harvey

• Like 1

I will be at the show as well. If it does rain hopefully there will only be a rain delay. I have one extra ticket because my wife can not go. Its in section C Row 7 seat 1. I've posted it in a separate thread with contact info. Contact me if anyone wants it.

I'm going to TOC this Friday in Houston, really praying for no rain in Denton or there.

I'm really sorry you guys have to deal with this kind of weather.

So if it rains you are out of luck for the show?

If it rains out, you go home, end of story. No refunds or tickets to another show. It's frustrating yes, but I always figure it goes to a good cause...which are the Corps and the venue so they can have the show again next year.