DCI Denton

Ok the latest is it looks like two rounds of heavy rain will affect the Denton area, one late tonight and into tomorrow morning, and one tomorrow night into Friday morning. The models really struggled today with moisture return as rain developed in area's that wasn't forecasted. The good news here, if there is any, is that sometimes the forecast is wrong, for better or worse. My point is, even though there is a 90% chance of rain tomorrow and tommorrow night as of this moment, things can change very quickly. My hope is it rains into the late morning and mid afternoon tomorrow creating a break between storms as the atmosphere reloads which takes some time normally. If the rain ends early in the morning I would think there is a better chance of the second MCS developing faster...which would be bad. I do think as I type this it will rain for sure tomorrow and tomorrow night, I also think there will be a break between the two MCS's to allow a "dry" period in-between...the question is will this dry period be during the show?

More to follow in the morning...should have a decent hanlde on different idea's then.

Thanks for the current update. Personally, I absolutely abhor "dry" periods.

• Like 1

Don't loose hope! The Denver show seemed a sure rainout when looking at the forecast and it all missed us by mere miles. Positive vibes, Karma, Praying, the Force, whatever you personally believe in should be focused on Denton TX tomorrow for a nice window of weather to Drum Corps by.

• Like 1

Sorry, Rainshdw, you caught me on my days off. I'll check things out on my mid shift tonight. Hope things work out for everybody.

All good man, get that. My curiosity lies in, will there be a break between systems? Something to check out for sure :)

Leaving in about two hours from the panhandle, looks like solid rain all the way down there on the route I am taking. I'm pretty sure I am driving down to a hotel, sleeping, and then driving back. Not looking good at all. Pretty bummed out.

:(

Be careful on the drive as you get close to Denton. There were several Flash Flood Warnings issued down that way, and one graphic I saw said that part of I-35 had been closed due to the water. Here's hoping yall can catch a break between the raindrops and get this show in.

• Like 1

Leaving in about two hours from the panhandle, looks like solid rain all the way down there on the route I am taking. I'm pretty sure I am driving down to a hotel, sleeping, and then driving back. Not looking good at all. Pretty bummed out.

:(

Be careful man...sections on I-35 and many other secondary roads are closed due to 8 to 11 inches of rain overnight. Denton is currently in a Flash Flood Warning as 3 to 5 inches of rain has fell overnight there too

Good morning to all. Not looking good this morning. Copious amounts of rain have fallen in and around the Denton area from up to 11 inches north of Denton to 3 to 4 right in the city. Flash Flood warnings have been issued for the Denton area with parts of I-35 and numberous secondary roads closed.

Numerous convective clusters are around the Denton area as I type this. From what I'm seeing right now some rain is falling off and on in Denton with 2 large area's of rain approaching from the west to NW. Once these get donw midday the Shortwave currently moving out of Colorado will track down into the Texas area causing lift for more storms to fire...along with the numerous cool outflow boundaries left over from this mornings convection...will create possibly even stronger cells/multi-complex systems for this afternoon, evening and thru tonight. AND...since the ground is completely saturated right now, it won't take much to have more FF warnings in place this evening.

Will the show go on?? gonna have to wait until this afternoon's convection fires to see where it sets up and what direction its moving in. Right now...I have major doubts the show will happen...which blows.