DCI Denton

Unless Bloo added some GE updates and/or cleaned up their visuals over the past two days, I would remain cautiously optimistic about this score and placement. Those regional and TOC scores set up a fairly consistent read that could come back in the future.

Here's to hoping for the best!

Unless Bloo added some GE updates and/or cleaned up their visuals over the past two days, I would remain cautiously optimistic about this score and placement. Those regional and TOC scores set up a fairly consistent read that could come back in the future.

Here's to hoping for the best!

Probably cleaned which add clarity and boost all captions.
  • Like 1

Bloo should be winning GE over SCV and should be close to Crown. These numbers seem more in line with reality.

• Like 1

Bloo should be winning GE over SCV and should be close to Crown. These numbers seem more in line with reality.

I was at the show last night, and yes, they should be winning GE over SCV (musically by a wide margin) and they should have been well in front of Crown in GE Visual (well, ok, to be fair GE1 which is scored by a judge with a visual background). They were much cleaner last night, but still a tad behind Vanguard in visual execution Great show, though!

I just posted a review from last night in the review section.

Harvey

• Like 2

- Oregon Crusaders are breaking into WC in a big way. Wow I love that show.

Thanks for saying this. I've been to several shows and it seems the audience response is slow in forming. I want to scream at people to jump to their feet.... but alas, such a thing can not be forced.

Edited by luv4corps
  • Like 1

Really enjoyed the shows last night, despite being soaked from the steady drizzle all evening.

I'm certainly no expert on drum corps, and most definitely not one on guard, but there were a couple of drops in OC's show last night that I'm sure hurt their scores in that area. It was my first time seeing their show live and I absolutely loved it. Their arrangement of Hymn of Acxiom is my favorite by far.

Can anyone confirm: Is it James Earl Jones doing the voice over for OC? Seems pretty clear that it is, but you never know...

Thanks for saying this. I've been to several shows and it seems the audience response to this show is slow in forming. I want to scream at people to jump to their feet.... but alas, such a thing can not be forced.

Hopefully the momentum will carry forward and we'll see more and more cheers and ovations from the crowds for The O-Crusaders. Texas is slowly but surely becoming OC's home away from home, so there's always pretty good representation in the crowds at our local shows.. I think there are nearly 10 members from Texas among the OC ranks.

• Like 2

Can anyone explain how Academy jumped ahead of Oregon Crusaders in the rankings when they tied scores, and OC had a higher weighted score? Is it because of the larger increase in score that the Academy achieved from their last score? Just trying to learn this scoring system.

I'm certainly no expert on drum corps, and most definitely not one on guard, but there were a couple of drops in OC's show last night that I'm sure hurt their scores in that area. It was my first time seeing their show live and I absolutely loved it. Their arrangement of Hymn of Acxiom is my favorite by far.

Can anyone confirm: Is it James Earl Jones doing the voice over for OC? Seems pretty clear that it is, but you never know...

I've seen drops not affect the score that much too... but I'm not an expert either. Yes, James Earl Jones is doing the voice over.

Edited by luv4corps
  • Like 1

Can anyone explain how Academy jumped ahead of Oregon Crusaders in the rankings when they tied scores, and OC had a higher weighted score? Is it because of the larger increase in score that the Academy achieved from their last score? Just trying to learn this scoring system.

I can't explain why but I was afraid this might happen. Now I'm depressed.

Update: OK... I just looked at DCP's ranking and it could just be a matter of alphabetizing the corps names... but I'll look further into the matter. There are other ranking sites and maybe that's what you saw?

The good news is it won't affect the performance order for San Antonio. That was determined by DATR. OC is first in the second group of corps... which is HUGE.

2:30 PM – Guardians

2:47 PM – Genesis

3:04 PM – Pioneer

3:21 PM – Cascades

3:38 PM – Jersey Surf

3:55 PM – Mandarins

4:12 PM – Pacific Crest

4:29 PM – The Academy

4:46 PM – Intermission

5:37 PM – Oregon Crusaders

5:54 PM – Colts

6:11 PM – Troopers