Secaucas Predictions...(someone had to do it :)...)

The only people that could possibly have more fun in Rochester than the people directly involved in this horse race are the fans that get the chance to witness it.

Yeah, I think it is going to be an incredibly fun finals to watch and that only benefits the corps, the fans and DCA as a whole.

Good luck everyone and bring your best. That is definitely what it is going to take to be successful this year!

Dan

• Like 1

The fun part is that it is not just these two teams with a legit shot here. MBI has only been seen out west and have been looking/sounding solid on tape. Fusion is less than three back. C2 with its historic "late season improvement" can make up a sizeable margin. CV is not so far back and has the show to make a charge.

We have a potential SIX corps where that have a somewhat realistic chance of claiming gold. When was the last time THAT happened in DCA?

No only 3 have a realistic shot at gold. Maybe in fantasy land 6 could.

There's no way Fusion will over take Bucs and then Cabs. It's just not going to happen. No one can take away their progress over the years but let's keep it realistic.

C2? No. They were 6 or 7 points back. No matter how many Cadets people they force to fill holes can make them overcome the top 3. There just isn't enough time in those 2 weeks.

CV? Love them but no that won't happen either.

The simple fact is the Cabs are beating the Bucs (for now, who knows what the season will bring). It's not like they're wrongly being awarded points they didn't earn.

"Win like a Champion, lose like a Champion"

This is the point that I would like to focus on... Yes, the cabs are beating bucs, for now! I've seen both shows live in person. Cabs have a very entertaining show...no doubt. They are being awarded for excelling at what they have been given. Come 4 weeks from now, bucs should be excelling at what they have been given which is yes a harder, but also a more developed idea and show concept. It will be a horse race until the end.

your quote "win like a Champion, lose like a Champion" will only apply come finals night. As of right now, Bucs are still reigning champs. They have been knocked around for sure, but I expect them to fight back. As of right now, I'm just stating my observations. Gotta say though, I'm loving the competition.

Edited by littleBknown

DCA fan85 wrote: "All of these Bucs fans are seriously butt hurt that their team finally lost. You're only really hurting the Bucs image by making excuses.

- "Oh it was the long bus rides" which never stopped them from winning before

- "They didn't get to practice much on Sunday". All they've done the last month is practice"

In fairness, I WAS THE ONE who looked at an 8-day period from Wayne to Secaucus and OPINED that Bucs didn't have as much on-field practice time to put a dent in Cabs gap.

BUT......

I AM NOT A BUC FAN MAKING EXCUSES......... I have been (and always WILL be) a CABS fan since 1956 !!!! (Corner of Main St. and Gould Ave, Paterson...dedication of tiny park...Cabs street beat, roll-off...."Cherry Pink....." Cabs fan for life)

The gap at Secaucus would be the same with the top 3 jumping UP 2 to 3 points if CV and C2 were there.... just as Hurcs would have gone from -.9 to +1 to 2 if Bush was there....

I hope (and believe) that the Cabs will prevail in Rochester. But I give the Bucaneers credit for a tough 2-week road trip vs. Cabs Home games.....

Please don't blame Bucs supporters for excuses based on this diehard CABS fan's observations (which others called "absurd" and "Nuts" anyway).

Indulge me..... I'm 70 years old...the only certainty is that my death certificate will say "natural causes." And FORGET about the possibility of being hit by a train..... if I was younger, don't you think I would have heard the train coming ?

Let's enjoy the DCA 50th..... this may well be the most exciting year in DCA HISTORY !

Here's to a Cabs tRiUMPh !

This is the point that I would like to focus on... Yes, the cabs are beating bucs, for now! I've seen both shows live in person. Cabs have a very entertaining show...no doubt. They are being awarded for excelling at what they have been given. Come 4 weeks from now, bucs should be excelling at what they have been given which is yes a harder, but also a more developed idea and show concept. It will be a horse race until the end.

your quote "win like a Champion, lose like a Champion" will only apply come finals night. As of right now, Bucs are still reigning champs. They have been knocked around for sure, but I expect them to fight back. As of right now, I'm just stating my observations. Gotta say though, I'm loving the competition.

So in your estimation, within the next four weeks Cabs will see no progress and Bucs will just simply pass them by? This is your realistic prediction?

Not that it matters or anyone cares, but your idea of a more developed show concept is somewhat suspect and would be interesting to see where you have come to that conclusion.

So in your estimation, within the next four weeks Cabs will see no progress and Bucs will just simply pass them by? This is your realistic prediction?

Not that it matters or anyone cares, but your idea of a more developed show concept is somewhat suspect and would be interesting to see where you have come to that conclusion.

Both corps will make progress. It would be absurd to think that a corps that practices as much as the Cabs do, and has the quality staff that the Cabs have, will make no progress in 4 weeks. I just think that the issues the Bucs are having, and the same issues everybody is outlining here (ensemble issues, performer quality issues), will get resolved in the next weeks. SO what happens when they are resolved?

Please elaborate on why my idea of a more developed show concept is suspect?

No making excuses for the Bucs here. They have won a show and lost two. The spreads were tight in each show but somewhat consistent. Cabs are simply achieving their program a tad better at this point of the season than anyone else. Bearing in mind that I have seen nobody EXCEPT Cabs, I think this is going to come down to the corps who has the highest potential level of achievement.

• Like 1

No making excuses for the Bucs here. They have won a show and lost two. The spreads were tight in each show but somewhat consistent. Cabs are simply achieving their program a tad better at this point of the season than anyone else. Bearing in mind that I have seen nobody EXCEPT Cabs, I think this is going to come down to the corps who has the highest potential level of achievement.

Completely agree

Probably the simplest and most reasonable answer. Cabs are certainly doing this right now.

Well, according to John, Reading's crap will be crap whether it's performed well or not and their choice to do challenging drill is stupid an ineffective. It's nice to see that one can remain objective once one's wife...also a Bucs alumni...is on Cabs' staff. Regardless of who you're talking about, that's not objective analysis...it's just insulting. I'm sure Reading is glad to have you among their ranks of alumni...as would any other corps. Why don't you just don the kick pleats and silky blouse...get it over with and call it a day.? I also find it sad that you've become so arrogant that you have to belittle and insult anyone that has an opinion different than yours. Sadly, that seems to be the accepted form of dialogue on this site