Secaucas Predictions...(someone had to do it :)...)

I was asking an honest question. I'm genuinely sorry you didn't see it that way. I see that you created that account earlier today just to go after me. I'm honored I guess. I'm bummed you won't sign your name to 'em, but I understand why.

Don't flatter yourself...I've had this account since last August. As I don't relish the kind of reactions that dissenting opinions receive on this site, I've chosen to be a silent observer and I'll probably choose to go back to being just that again for a while as this has turned out to be exactly what I thought it would be.

Don't flatter yourself...I've had this account since last August. As I don't relish the kind of reactions that dissenting opinions receive on this site, I've chosen to be a silent observer and I'll probably choose to go back to being just that again for a while as this has turned out to be exactly what I thought it would be.

In all fairness, you did come on and attack the guy personally. You even brought his wife into the conversation. So you can't cry foul when he defends himself.

• Like 5

Not that it really bothers me, but I think *these* kind of comments might be why some people get all sassed up when they read your opinions....

"That's ridiculous, and completely wrong…

...Moving at two speeds...fast and ballad...isn't displaying a variety of skills, or a variety of tempos, or musical styles. It's actually pretty dang boring. Moving fast for the sake of moving fast isn't anywhere near as difficult as it's made out to be. Not even close.

…At the same time, Bucs have several spots where they are moving just for the sake of moving. It's either not musical, or contributes little to the effect they are trying to generate. Again, variety...in this case variety of effect....

...This idea that the hardest show wins is absurd to the point of stupid… When all you do is move fast, is that really effective or demanding?

…Beating the audience over the head with one or two for eleven minutes, no matter how hard, is bad and ineffective design.

…Bucs won brass playing a *substantially* easier brass book, and got beat in music ensemble.

…As for your edit comment, harder doesn't necessarily mean better, even when achieved. Only better means better. Crap that's hard and performed well is still crap. We've seen both from many corps over the years."

Surely you can see how it would be hard to not think you were talking about the Bucs to most people reading them? If that was not who you meant, then yes, I think some people, myself included, are misunderstanding your intent and do not have very good "reading comprehension". I'll go to the library and work on it so I can keep up with you.

Dangit!, I was trying to be completely objective and well-reasoned! I'm not very good at this formal debating style. ;> Let me give it another try....

Some people like to have it both ways and then call out anyone who questions their opinion. They are the only one who is informed and well reasoned and somehow, even in a very subjective activity like drum corps, they have a monopoly on knowing what is *right*, or even the proper way to argue a point. Of course, I wasn't referring to anyone in particular in this thread. Just some other posters from another forum.

How was that?

Eh, not bad. I'd encourage you to work on your formatting. Great start though. It's funny though, that I get called out for taking shots a Bucs, but not for the criticisms of Cabs show. Kinda makes you go "Hmmmmm..."

Edited by Kamarag
  • Like 2

Now, to get back to talking about the Secaucus show and the corps...

It's pretty cool that both corps are taking one of the next two weeks off (Cabs this week, Reading next week). They both have a show on the week they are in, and meet again in Lawrence in three weeks. I love that they are each getting a break. The timing is excellent.

Is Fusion taking a weekend off anytime soon?

John, the next time the Cabs and Bucs go head to head is at Scranton on Aug. 16.

You guys should go to the Downingtown show this weekend. We could get those big boxing gloves and settle this at intermission.

:poke:

Let's get back to eJudging.

jk

You guys should go to the Downingtown show this weekend. We could get those big boxing gloves and settle this at intermission.

:poke:

Let's get back to eJudging.

jk

Sorry, no can do...even though It's two miles from my house. I'm taking an eight day Caribbean cruise. I'm pretty sure when I do the cruise review for Cruise Critic no one from the cruise line will take it personally. :)

• Like 3

Eh, not bad. I'd encourage you to work on your formatting. Great start though. It's funny though, that I get called out for taking shots a Bucs, but not for the criticisms of Cabs show. Kinda makes you go "Hmmmmm..."

Absolutely right, I remember you a couple times saying that there needs to be movement at a certain point in Cabs show.. and that you think they need to change the ending... But of coarse they are winning so it is much easier to take criticism when you are on top. Much like last year when no one complained when you criticized the staging of Bucs tuba/battery feature... And why did they not complain... because they were winning.

• Like 2

Not calling anyone out for that. That's the whole point of a discussion board for a competitive activity. I was just kind of agreeing with others on this thread that you seem to get overly aggressive in replying to people who see things differently. That drives people away from participating. But, of course you're free to continue to comment anyway you want. Some people thrive on stoking the flames.