Secaucas Predictions...(someone had to do it :)...)

Can't really say ahead of time who is gonna win. It's tough to do without knowing who's gonna score the highest. One thing I did notice at Wayne, is that the shows all seem to be in cahoots with making Cooter's mind go a wanderin'. Anyways, it was great to back after an unexpectedly long vacation....nuff said.

Everything was fine till Bush played Blowin' in the Wind, which got me a reminiscing about the 60's. Peace love and all that other fun stuff, you know what I mean.

After Bush got my mind in the right place, then Fusion wheels out the biggest friggin' bed I have seen in years, not that they really did anything all that "fun" on it, but still, it gets you thinkin' a certain way.

Cadets 2 show is pretty tame, other than the title. "Our Favorite Things" might mean one thing to some, but I got back to thinking about some of MY favorite things.

Then here come the Buccaneers playing a Jim Morrison show. Ok, maybe not the whole thing, but still, that Doors music is some primal stuff. C'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon and touch me babe. Can't you see that I am not afraid?

CV's whole show was about Hex. Nuff said.

To top it off, the Cabs come out and basically put on a red light district exposé. I haven't seen so much mesh and lace on the field since a certain California corps made the DCA audience members cover their children's eyes. Talk about en fuego!

I won't be at Secaucas, but I think things will be tight. Very tight. Should be a hot, sultry night of drum corps.

Well it will be a horse race till Rochester. Anyone thinking DEAD HEAT on Saturday? :wow:

. fusion right behind and gaining.

As interesting as the Bucs/Cabs battle is, the Fusion situation is the most interesting to me. They have put together a very entertaining show. But the question in my mind revolves around the content of the design. Is there enough in terms of depth of program? I'm not sure. It doesn't have the layering and nuance the teams above them have, and while the musical book is fairly challenging, the visual program really isn't. That's not necessarily a bad thing...Fusion has a golden opportunity to clean to a degree we rarely see in DCA. I suspect that's what they are going for. They are also challenging the conventional wisdom of "harder is better", which I agree with and support 100%.

On a related note, Fusion is in what for me is Year 3 of their growth as a drum corps. I like that they aren't trying to run with Bucs/Cabs/Minnesota in terms of individual performer demand. You have to build to that point, and Fusion is looking at the long ball...building slowly and smartly over time. Sure, that may mean they have a competitive ceiling this year, but it really sets them up well for next year and beyond. What Cabs have done over the last four or five year sis what a successful long-term plan of action looks like.

Edited by Kamarag
  • Like 4

whoever scores highest wins, then DCP fights over it

• Like 1

Nice variation, Jeff.

• Like 1

Here's just a curious observation. Looking at a Google satellite image of Saturday's stadium, I sure hope DCA uses the first base line marking as the front sideline. The more prominent football configuration firmly in place is WAY back there. In the event the less prominent baseball line is used, how much does the heavier football marking underneath affect the performers? In my time, we didn't face anything like I see here.

Comments, please.

Here's just a curious observation. Looking at a Google satellite image of Saturday's stadium, I sure hope DCA uses the first base line marking as the front sideline. The more prominent football configuration firmly in place is WAY back there. In the event the less prominent baseball line is used, how much does the heavier football marking underneath affect the performers? In my time, we didn't face anything like I see here.

Comments, please.

There have been shows here for the passed few years. I was there in 2012 and they didn't do anything to bring the field forward. That being said its a low venue. It didn't effect anything in the volume department. Just not the greatest to get a good vantage point on drill. It was also a Sunday performance then. I'm glad its in the evening this time.