Secaucas Predictions...(someone had to do it :)...)

Well, according to John, Reading's crap will be crap whether it's performed well or not and their choice to do challenging drill is stupid an ineffective. It's nice to see that one can remain objective once one's wife...also a Bucs alumni...is on Cabs' staff. Regardless of who you're talking about, that's not objective analysis...it's just insulting. I'm sure Reading is glad to have you among their ranks of alumni...as would any other corps. Why don't you just don the kick pleats and silky blouse...get it over with and call it a day.? I also find it sad that you've become so arrogant that you have to belittle and insult anyone that has an opinion different than yours. Sadly, that seems to be the accepted form of dialogue on this site

Wow, reading comprehension much? At no point did I call Bucs' shows crap. I actually like it. A lot. I was referring to "hard crap" in the general sense, and was actually thinking of examples on the DCI side...but left them out because they weren't germane to the discussion. You are either misunderstanding what I wrote, or you're intentionally misconstruing it in an effort to bait. If the former, I'll try harder to be more clear. If the latter, it's not my problem.

I'm *very* objective. I've also made no secret that my wife is a tech on Cab's guard staff. Actually, it's the main reason why I have made few comments on color guard other than just big picture stuff. I haven't belittled anyone, and you'll find it impossible to prove otherwise. I'm a fan of *both* corps have been for years. Search my posting history...feel free to go way back to the year DCP started. I'll wait.

The difference between you and me is that I like a *reasoned* argument (argument in the logical sense, not in the angry with each other sense) based on observation and evidence. If it's my opinion, based on no evidence, I'm clear about it.

Drum corps is a competitive activity. It's not eight year-olds at a dance recital. Discussing drum corps is a lot like discussion you favorite sport. Since it's baseball season, let's use that. The Phillies are a bad baseball team. They can't hit. They don't field particularly well. They pitch ok depending on who the starter is, and the bullpen, despite starting the season terribly, has come on fairly strong. I'm a big Phillies fan, but just made a fairly accurate analysis of their season. I didn't belittle anyone, and if you think I did, maybe you're being a bit sensitive. Life isn't always what you want to hear, and neither is sports analysis...or drum corps analysis.

There are certain people that claim they want reviews and intelligent discussion about drum corps. They don't. They want you to gush all over thier corps (fan, alumni, staff, whatever). But the second you say anything that isn't Raindows & Unicorns, no matter how well-reasoned or well-written, they freak out, take it personally, insult you and barrage you with personal attacks. It would be funny if it wasn't so sad. It's the main reason fewer and fewer people are writing show reviews.

It's ok to disagree with me, or any other poster here. Just bring a good logical argument, and leave the ad hominem out of it.

Edited by Kamarag
  • Like 5

I do take issue with the comment that because you weren't at the show you can't state whether you think the numbers were in fact accurate. You and I (for that matter) with our judging backgrounds can have an opinion from the stands, but we aren't the ones who are being tasked with throwing those numbers. We can disagree on what those folks did, but like it or not they are accurate (and the only ones that matter) because they go in the record books as such. And ultimately those numbers will be the ones that will determine who gets a trophy. Everything else will get us through a couple of beers and bar talk. Again, with all due respect, and not the Ricky Bobby kind.

A completely fair criticism, and I should have phrased that differently. I should have said, "I wasn't there, so I can't tell you if I agree or not" or something along those lines. The word "accurate" was a poor choice, and didn't fit the intent of what I was saying. Proof reading bit me that time, I should have caught and fixed that.

Figured as much John. But you know there are those Drum Corps experts out there. I'm not making Dtown either so it may be until Big Sounds before I will get a chance to see anyone live.

To the poster that requested I find where John said Reading's crap will be crap no matter how well it's performed...and don't fool yourself into thinking he's not talking about Reading here.

You just made my point... He said in that post that he wasn't at the show so he can't comment on scores, but he was talking in Generalities and didn't name a CORPS!!

Wow, reading comprehension much? At no point did I call Bucs' shows crap. I actually like it. A lot. I was referring to "hard crap" in the general sense, and was actually thinking of examples on the DCI side...but left them out because they weren't germane to the discussion. You are either misunderstanding what I wrote, or you're intentionally misconstruing it in an effort to bait. If the former, I'll try harder to be more clear. If the latter, it's not my problem.

I'm *very* objective. I've also made no secret that my wife is a tech on Cab's guard staff. Actually, it's the main reason why I have made few comments on color guard other than just big picture stuff. I haven't belittled anyone, and you'll find it impossible to prove otherwise. I'm a fan of *both* corps have been for years. Search my posting history...feel free to go way back to the year DCP started. I'll wait.

The difference between you and me is that I like a *reasoned* argument (argument in the logical sense, not in the angry with each other sense) based on observation and evidence. If it's my opinion, based on no evidence, I'm clear about it.

Drum corps is a competitive activity. It's not eight year-olds at a dance recital. Discussing drum corps is a lot like discussion you favorite sport. Since it's baseball season, let's use that. The Phillies are a bad baseball team. They can't hit. They don't field particularly well. They pitch ok depending on who the starter is, and the bullpen, despite starting the season terribly, has come on fairly strong. I'm a big Phillies fan, but just made a fairly accurate analysis of their season. I didn't belittle anyone, and if you think I did, maybe you're being a bit sensitive. Life isn't always what you want to hear, and neither is sports analysis...or drum corps analysis.

There are certain people that claim they want reviews and intelligent discussion about drum corps. They don't. They want you to gush all over thier corps (fan, alumni, staff, whatever). But the second you say anything that isn't Raindows & Unicorns, no matter how well-reasoned or well-written, they freak out, take it personally, insult you and barrage you with personal attacks. It would be funny if it wasn't so sad. It's the main reason fewer and fewer people are writing show reviews.

It's ok to disagree with me, or any other poster here. Just bring a good logical argument, and leave the ad hominem out of it.

To clear it up, I misunderstood what you said...or it wasn't stated clearly. If the misunderstanding was on my end, my apologies. Since you didn't bother to wait to find out if it was a misunderstanding or baiting and decided to continue with a 4 paragraph insult on my intelligence and maturity, you once again showed your arrogant tendency to belittle anyone that doesn't fall in line with you. Clearly it's not OK to disagree with you. BTW...regardless of who you're talking about, calling the design choices that any performing group makes "crap" is just arrogant and disrespectful. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't make it "crap".

To clear it up, I misunderstood what you said...or it wasn't stated clearly. If the misunderstanding was on my end, my apologies. Since you didn't bother to wait to find out if it was a misunderstanding or baiting and decided to continue with a 4 paragraph insult on my intelligence and maturity, you once again showed your arrogant tendency to belittle anyone that doesn't fall in line with you. Clearly it's not OK to disagree with you. BTW...regardless of who you're talking about, calling the design choices that any performing group makes "crap" is just arrogant and disrespectful. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't make it "crap".

Can you give a specific example of where I called anything a corps is doing crap? Even one? I'll wait.

Also, you think that post was belittling you? Seriously?

Edited by Kamarag
  • Like 1

Can you give a specific example of where I called anything a corps is doing crap? Even one? I'll wait.

Also, you think that post was belittling you? Seriously?

Perhaps you've just become so accustomed to looking down your nose at other people, it doesn't even occur to you. You really could have just left it at the first paragraph...misunderstanding over...no further insults or condescending explanations necessary. But you didn't.

Perhaps you've just become so accustomed to looking down your nose at other people, it doesn't even occur to you. You really could have just left it at the first paragraph...misunderstanding over...no further insults or condescending explanations necessary. But you didn't.

I was asking an honest question. I'm genuinely sorry you didn't see it that way. I see that you created that account earlier today just to go after me. I'm honored I guess. I'm bummed you won't sign your name to 'em, but I understand why.

• Like 1

Now, to get back to talking about the Secaucus show and the corps...

It's pretty cool that both corps are taking one of the next two weeks off (Cabs this week, Reading next week). They both have a show on the week they are in, and meet again in Lawrence in three weeks. I love that they are each getting a break. The timing is excellent.

Is Fusion taking a weekend off anytime soon?