Secaucas Predictions...(someone had to do it :)...)

Why were the Caballeros Entrapped and how were they Entrapped?

After watching their show, I have some ideas of how they were Entrapped, but I am not sure if I got it right.

They just never knew those women were undercover Secaucus police officers!

After watching their show, I have some ideas of how they were Entrapped, but I am not sure if I got it right.

One thing for sure... it has nothing to do with the Marion Barry video. :tongue:

• Like 1

Fusion is performing at Disney this week.

I'd like to know where you see a show listed for Lawrence ,there's none on DCA ?

OK, so I kinda jested about this on Facebook earlier today, but here we go:

No wonder DCP gets the rep it does.

A fine rant. I would only add that:

(1) Anywhere drum corps fans gather to talk about scores would earn this reputation. It's not like people wouldn't have these opinions if there were no DCP.

(2) Drum corps is by no means unique in the amount of heated and contradictory opinion. This is the friendliest, best-moderated Tolkien discussion forum on the internet, but it takes only a minute scanning the posts to see The Hobbit movies get far more abuse and adoration than the Blue Devils or the Buccaneers, and Peter Jackson is at least as despised and defended as, say, George Hopkins.

(3) Like TORN, DCP is well moderated and an oasis of decorum compared to most of the web.

I'd like to know where you see a show listed for Lawrence ,there's none on DCA ?

Saturday, August 9.... the Bushwackers' show at Notre Dame High School in Lawrence, NJ ( near Trenton and Princeton).

• Like 1

A fine rant. I would only add that:

(1) Anywhere drum corps fans gather to talk about scores would earn this reputation. It's not like people wouldn't have these opinions if there were no DCP.

(2) Drum corps is by no means unique in the amount of heated and contradictory opinion. This is the friendliest, best-moderated Tolkien discussion forum on the internet, but it takes only a minute scanning the posts to see The Hobbit movies get far more abuse and adoration than the Blue Devils or the Buccaneers, and Peter Jackson is at least as despised and defended as, say, George Hopkins.

(3) Like TORN, DCP is well moderated and an oasis of decorum compared to most of the web.

I won't disagree that DCP is tamer than other places.

yet in other places I don't see the outcry about how rough they are or attacks etc.

• Like 1

I won't disagree that DCP is tamer than other places.

yet in other places I don't see the outcry about how rough they are or attacks etc.

Well, I can't speak to other drum corps forums (are there any?) but here's a comparable example from that Tolkien site (which, again, is at least as well-moderated as DCP):

Is Anyone else tired about the uncivil complaining about people complaining?

I noticed this really start around the time that An Unexpected Journey came out [six months before this post], and since then it's gotten worse, not better. It seems to be rather one-sided: those fans who were disappointed in the films are criticizing the films themselves, while (some) fans who enjoyed the films are criticizing other posters on these boards.

Just in the past few days, I've encountered comments such as "disliking The Hobbit is absurd"; "I'm disappointed about certain posters on here"; one board member to another who had critiqued the film: "just because you didn't like something doesn't mean it didn't work" (i.e., "my opinion is fact and anyone who disagrees with my objective fondness for The Hobbit is wrong"); and just today "the saddening weight of negativity weights down most threads on these boards". These there's the general lecturing about "nitpicking", "you're just looking for something to complain about", etc.

Granted, both sides have been guilty of this in the past, but really, IMO, the atmosphere risks becoming a bit toxic due to dissenting opinions of those who aren't brimming with enthusiasm for The Hobbit films being shouted down.

We're a fanbase, not a cult: those who enjoyed the films are not the "true fans" who got the genius of Peter Jackson while the rest of us losers were too busy winging to notice. Yet that's exactly the attitude I've seen around here recently in certain posts.

By all means, all manner of opinion should be allowed: those who enjoy the films, those who liked parts of the them, those who didn't, those who are undecided. But IMO, we should limit the arguments to the topic at hand, and not whether one is "disappointed" with other posters, or thinks they're "haters", or "trolls", or what have you.

Sound familiar? Substitute "Cadets" for "film" or "The Hobbit", and "George Hopkins" for "Peter Jackson", and I wonder if anyone could tell which website the post was from!

Well, I can't speak to other drum corps forums (are there any?) but here's a comparable example from that Tolkien site (which, again, is at least as well-moderated as DCP):

Sound familiar? Substitute "Cadets" for "film" or "The Hobbit", and "George Hopkins" for "Peter Jackson", and I wonder if anyone could tell which website the post was from!

oh Hopkins inspires more rage

So were they Entrapped in their old uniforms and thus why they remove them to reveal the crushed velvet?

Or were they Entrapped in their drill?

Thoughts...