San Antonio Regional

It's starting to feel most similar to their Rach Star show--or however they spelled it...

Which I didn't much care for early in the season but which grew on me and, despite a fourth-place finish, seemed like a genuine crowd-pleaser late in the season.

I do think there are absolutely too many longeurs in Crown's show this year, esp. in the long muffler/trumpet/frisbee sections, I'm surprised more people aren't praising them for the experimental aspects of that section, as was said of BD's two minutes of noise in the middle of "Through a Glass Darkly", which was the subject of much complaint and much defense hereabouts. (It seems to me that Crown's staff was going for a trippy effect like unto that experienced by audiences watching 2001: A Space Odyssey.)

How was the fan network?

If you're being facetious, thumbs up

If not, for a lot of people it had major problems. For others (seems to be the FN minority), it worked great. I had very minimal problems, but many others had a very frustrating night, especially with the Top 6 or so corps

Ummm, I thought Cadets won in 1986.

They got 4th.

I really see that being the placements at finals this year, with two exceptions. BK has a great possibility of pulling ahead of PR. The other being possibly SCV knocking out Coats.

I really don't see BK over PR. I know I'm in the minority, but I think Regiment has a beautiful show design and they are performing with more and more confidence. How people are bored by this show is beyond me. BK is wonderful, too.....but PR is lush and more powerful IMHO.

I do agree with your SCV comment. Fingers crossed!