San Antonio Regional

Suncoast probably deserved to finish ahead of Garfield, and maybe even Cavaliers, but a horrific prelims run put the kibosh on that

In '86? Not a chance.

Suncoast had beaten the Cavaliers in Ankeny, IA only one week earlier.

This is priceless. I in no way suggested that Marie is biased against anyone. I was simply reading the recap. A 14th place number for BAC is ON THE RECAP. That seemed like an number worth mentioning. THAT IS ALL!

I apologize for the implication that you were suggesting a bias. As I said, I know that some judges are claimed on these forums to be biased against certain corps. I know that she is one against whom such charges are laid (but if I had been asked which corps she was supposed to dislike, I wouldn't have remembered). And I saw that you mentioned her name specifically as concerns Boston's low caption score (relative to the overall placement). However...

Equally priceless is that fact that the post immediately preceding this one of yours, by emc, says that yes, she's biased against Boston. So perhaps emc, when time allows, will compile a list of all the times she's judged Boston and show that she consistently scores them lower than their peers.

I actually had to sit down with this show and clock it [Colts' show] for its elements, it disappointed me so much. What a great concept - Pink Floyd and Oz. But they've destroyed it.

In the first six minutes of this show, this is what you will hear:

59 seconds of drum solo

57 seconds of horns and drums playing together (no distractions)

2 minutes and 16 seconds of narration

By the end of the show, narration and music balances out, but by six minutes in I'm so disgusted I don't care anymore.

(Anyone following and checking me, if San Antonio comes up slightly different, know that I clocked an earlier show this year, not this one.)

0:59 + 0:57 + 2:16 = 4:12.

What did you do with the other 1:48?

Right, and judging percussion from a tower box in a dome is so effective... Judge 1 had it right, and suspect we will see the scores move toward that in the next few shows...

I thought one reason they added a box percussion judge for major shows this year was to ensure the pit is getting proper attention.

It was a typo that auto correct didn't catch.

CENTRIC...

You always favor BD over other corps.

It's all good. I so wish I could get into their show and fall in love with them again, but I can't.

I appreciate their show, but I don't LOVE the delivery.

I like the ideas they present, but not the delivery. I just don't want that show type to lead the activity and influence the activity.

I know I'm a bad Californian. I hate myself.

Ha! I think you must have me confused with someone else. My favorite corps over the past decade or so have been Phantom and Crown by far. I actually agree with you in that I don't wish the recent BD-type show to become the norm because I like other writing styles much better. But I do appreciate their performance and art. But I can't think of a year since I have been following the activity where I favor BD over all the other corps (maybe 1997 or 1999, but definitely nothing recent).

Overall, I don't really like dome shows. The music tends to boom, and reverb a lot, (a few times yesterday, at max volume, it sounded like nothing but noise) and there is always tuning issues when warming up outside, then going inside to a different temperature to perform. I feel the same about indoor drumlines

I thought one reason they added a box percussion judge for major shows this year was to ensure the pit is getting proper attention.

Makes no sense...why wouldn't that judge just stand right in front of the pit or in the first few rows? Regardless, the 2nd box judge had very little resolution vs. the on-field judge. So the box judge just did what made sense -- score based on prior numbers. Judge 1 however heard that Coats' drum line had the best show of their year so far. Just watch the shows back. Coats took percussion IMHO.

• Like 2

After first view of most shows:

I actaully like Crown's show a lot! - minus the tramps.

This is the most entertaining BD show for me in five years.

Bluecoats deserve all the buzz they are getting - I am a fan.

I still love PR, always will.

Go Oregon Crusaders!!!

Edited by luv4corps

I think if the cadets just played voice recordings of presidents and left out the narrator that show would be great but as it is I simply can't even watch it.

I am waiting for next years colts to do gilligan's island stairway to heaven!