How much do corps normally improve after San Antonio?

As far as the Oregon Crusaders go, they start later then most so I would expect their score to increase more then most between SA and Prelimes. Also, OC usually gets a couple of point boost from Prelims to Semi-finals. The 13-17 placement will be interesting when finals gets here. I doubt anyone can catch Crossmen for 12th.

I thought about also figuring the change in corps scores prior to San Antonio, but because they don't all appear in one show at the beginning of the season, there's no clear baseline from which to work. As I noted in the Boston Crusaders thread Saturday night, this year they've improved 16.025 pts. from Akron to San Antonio, which is an average of 0.572 pts. per day. If they were able to keep up that rate, they add another 10.868 by Prelims. But in the past three years, no corps has come close to that number. The nearest are Mandarins and Boston last year with an increase of 8.000 pts. So it seems that corps' scores generally improve faster earlier and slower later.

As far as the Oregon Crusaders go, they start later then most so I would expect their score to increase more then most between SA and Prelimes. Also, OC usually gets a couple of point boost from Prelims to Semi-finals. The 13-17 placement will be interesting when finals gets here. I doubt anyone can catch Crossmen for 12th.

OC is flying under the radar and didn't get a good draw for Atlanta... but I do look forward to their typical end-of-season push. If they do their work, they just might surprise some folks out here. :wow:

Interesting that the mythical "Cadets surge" is, in fact, objectively true. Of the top corps, they have improved their scores more over the last three weeks.

Now that the coming makeup changes are going to be implemented by the Cadets, including red white and blue nail and toe polish, red eye shadow and white lipstick, and wrap-around American Flag neck tattoos for the entire battery, I look for an even bigger surge.

OC is flying under the radar and didn't get a good draw for Atlanta... but I do look forward to their typical end-of-season push. If they do their work, they just might surprise some folks out here. :wow:

This year, its all about the guard again. Where the guard goes, so does OC. If they can crack 15.0 in guard, they will score around 85. Still, not enough to make the top 12, but who knows where that will end up.

Interesting that the mythical "Cadets surge" is, in fact, objectively true. Of the top corps, they have improved their scores more over the last three weeks.

Now that the coming makeup changes are going to be implemented by the Cadets, including red white and blue nail and toe polish, red eye shadow and white lipstick, and wrap-around American Flag neck tattoos for the entire battery, I look for an even bigger surge.

Humor is always welcomed :satisfied: but it doesn't change the possible outcome in Indy.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

This year, its all about the guard again. Where the guard goes, so does OC. If they can crack 15.0 in guard, they will score around 85. Still, not enough to make the top 12, but who knows where that will end up.

So if the guard scores the equivalent of a 75, the corps will score 85? Not quite sure that follows too accurately.

a lot of it depends on if anyone has new endings or big changes to unleash, for corps that are dong well, they are at the point of the year where a lot of the cleaning is on a micro level, some serious deep cleaning where as you dig in, minor things that get cleaned really stand out

So if the guard scores the equivalent of a 75, the corps will score 85? Not quite sure that follows too accurately.

Well, historically the better the guard the higher the GE marks as well. Visually the better the guard, it impacts many of the other criteria. I think anyway. The guard is coming in around 19th. The rest of the corps will end up around 15th, the guard can pull up all other visual related captions. A 16 in finals week would be nice for sure.