Posting pictures

mjyaub

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 9 months later...

I am having issues posting pictures, but not in the manner the original poster was. However, I thought I would just tag onto this thread since it is a similar topic. When I click on the add image tool, I get the pop-up box, right click - paste the web address, but then nothing happens when I click the button to insert it into the post. It just locks up and all I can do is refresh the screen. Help?

I am having issues posting pictures, but not in the manner the original poster was. However, I thought I would just tag onto this thread since it is a similar topic. When I click on the add image tool, I get the pop-up box, right click - paste the web address, but then nothing happens when I click the button to insert it into the post. It just locks up and all I can do is refresh the screen. Help?

No mention of your browser - which is the most likely source of the problem. First thing to try - clear your browser cache and re-load the page ... and with it, the editor code. Try Google Chrome, which is 'more compatible' than most, IMO.

The feature works just fine for me.

DS_Splash_Screen_320x480.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

During the last week while I was on vacation and offline, photobucket dropped the bucket and sent me an email saying no to IMG tags on forums. All my photos on DCP are gone. Thought I'd let you know. No worries. I have the original programs and photos and digital backups. Computer programs depreciate faster than books. Back to basics. I might write a book someday. It was a good run posting photos on DCP. I shared. I did my best. Thank you.

10 hours ago, lindap said:

During the last week while I was on vacation and offline, photobucket dropped the bucket and sent me an email saying no to IMG tags on forums. All my photos on DCP are gone. Thought I'd let you know. No worries. I have the original programs and photos and digital backups. Computer programs depreciate faster than books. Back to basics. I might write a book someday. It was a good run posting photos on DCP. I shared. I did my best. Thank you.

I noticed that as well - the dire 3rd party hosting message w/o paying for an upgrade - so on to a related picture posting/hosting question:

- will linking photos from Google Photos work? if it does, I can't seem to make it work with the standard "insert image from URL" choice...

UyWrI4CfAT_GkAShjxZHD_xVcaRb9R6-Kh1rIyj6

This is an image from my Google Photos library - so it works.

To embed images, you'll need to open the image in Google Photos, then right-click ON the image and "Copy Image Address" (Mac) or similar in Windows ... the result being you have the address of the image itself.  Do not use the "Share" feature in Google Photos as it does not provide a link to the image file.  With the link to the image saved, you can then paste it into the post using the "Insert other media" --> "Insert image from URL" link in the lower right corner of the post editor.

12 hours ago, lindap said:

Linda - What a HUGE loss for the drum corps community.  Your photo posts to our Historical forum are legendary and we will certainly miss them. Thank you for all you've shared over the years.

-john

• 1 month later...